Part 2 of a 5 part series.
How to introduce your new boyfriend to your best friend......
September 2002- The start of my sophomore year in college. Once again, Ari and I are living in the same dorm. By mere coincidence we are both placed on the 4th floor. However, upon arriving on move in day, we quickly realized that we were in two different wings of the building! Now in order to visit each other we would have to walk down four flights of stairs walk across the lobby to the other set of stairs and then back up another four flights of stairs, (!!) and then do it all over again in order to get back to our own apartments. Ugh. I know. But we did it anyway. For our friendship yes, but for parties and beer oh and for PTI also.
Sometime in October, there was a rather large party at Ari's apartment (which held 6 guys), in celebration two of our friend's birthdays. It was at this party where I chose to introduced Tim to Ari and the guys for the first time. (Tim and I had only been dating since late August). When we showed up, Ari was attending to the "jungle juice", which I usually stayed clear from because god only knows what was in it. I waited for him to finish and then introduced them. Next thing I know the party is winding down and they were undefeated on the beer pong table for the entire night. Maybe it was the beer, or the atmosphere, but I knew they were going to be good friends when I heard them saying... Ari: Game, Set Tim: Match, when they were about to sink the last cup. Well, I guess I have nothing to worry about here.
Ari and Tim became fast friends. The following year (Jan 2003), Tim transferred to a school in Boston, at just about the same time that Ari was looking for a new roommate. Things couldn't be any easier for me. My boyfriend and my best friend were both in one place, which meant that we could hang out together, "ALL DAY"!
Over the next year and a half, there were parties, numerous NU hockey games, Red Sox Games (That's a 6'7" triple!), Celtics games and Two Superbowl riots. There were also a few 21st birthdays, starting with Tim's, that we celebrated in true Westland Ave. fashion, with beer pong, dollar shots, Tim dropping his wallet on the way to get more beer and getting it back with everything in it, Ari getting electrocuted while "playing" with one of Tim's black lights (while on the phone with Joanna), and of course a trip to Little Steve's for cheap pizza. There was something called "study abroad" in Belgium, where I successfully survived an entire semester and celebrated my 21st birthday without Ari, I know sad, but don't worry I don't remember much of my 21st anyway.
All I know is that when he returned, I became responsible for:
1.23.2007
lemme tell you 'bout my best friend (part due)
Countless shots of Jameson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Oh man. Drinks + Shopping Cars = Guaranteed FUN!
hi...isn't it deux?
LOL love those pictures.
hey lots of fun it seems... lovely photos as well.... i too love nice hang outs with my good friends... I just love their company...i liked your blog pretty much... i would surely love to visit again.... well u can too drop by My Friendship Blog sometimes... hope u will find it interesting...!!!
Post a Comment