There's a book that tells you who the 101 most influential people who NEVER lived!
WTF! Never LIVED!
Why do we need this book? I already know that Homer and Marge Simpson influence my life. I didn't need you to write a book about it.
Let's look at the list. Shall we?
*I started to comment on all of these. But then was at 20 and was like... no effing way am I going to continue this.... so I am now only going to do the ones I truly think are dumb.
1. The Marlboro Man (Me no smokey.... Me no care-y)
2. Big Brother (The TV show? haaha Just kidding)
3. King Arthur (And The Knights who say "Nee")
4. Santa Claus (St. Nick) (Is this because we spend so much money during the holidays?)
5. Hamlet ( I effing HATED Hamlet. Seriously? Influencial?)
6. Dr. Frankenstein's Monster (How???)
7. Siegfried (What about Roy?)
8. Sherlock Holmes (MRS. HUDSON!!!!!)
9. Romeo and Juliet (Influences what? Teenage Suicide? What? What that a little too harsh?)
10. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (HOW THEY WERE FAKE!!!!!)
11. Uncle Tom (::shaking my head::)
12. Robin Hood (I enjoyed the Disney version of this... where Robin Hood was a Fox)
13. Jim Crow (Jim Crow never existed?)
14. Oedipus (AHHHH I'm going to scream!)
15. Lady Chatterly (No clue who this is, and I'm not even going to google it)
16. Ebenezer Scrooge (I hate the Chirstmas Carol... for unrrelated reasons)
17. Don Quixote (I am not believing this one)
18. Mickey Mouse (He should be #1 or maybe 2)
19. The American Cowboy (Maybe in the early 20th Century)
20. Prince Charming
21. Smokey Bear
22. Robinson Crusoe
23. Apollo and Dionysus
24. Odysseus
25. Nora Helmer (Who?)
26. Cinderella
27. Shylock (Because he was a Jew? Uh... I don't get it)
28. Rosie the Riveter
29. Midas (King Midas?? Or the Muffler Shops?)
30. Hester Prynne
31. The Little Engine That Could
32. Archie Bunker (Yes... Finally someone who belongs here!)
33. Dracula (WHY???)
34. Alice in Wonderland
35. Citizen Kane (Rosebud??)
36. Faust
37. Figaro (The Cat from Pinocchio?)
38. Godzilla
39. Mary Richards
40. Don Juan
41. Bambi (Poor Deer)
42. William Tell
43. Barbie (Should be higher up on this list)
44. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Explain this one to me...)
45. Venus and Cupid
46. Prometheus
47. Pandora
48. G.I. Joe
49. Tarzan
50. Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock
51. James Bond
52. Hansel and Gretel
53. Captain Ahab
54. Richard Blaine
55. The Ugly Duckling
56. Loch Ness Monster
57. Atticus Finch
58. Saint Valentine
59. Helen of Troy
60. Batman
61. Uncle Sam (61!!! Uncle Sam is 61 on this list... I hate this list)
62. Nancy Drew
63. J.R. Ewing (Awesome... Who shot J.R.?)
64. Superman
65. Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
66. HAL 9000
67. Kermit the Frog
68. Sam Spade
69. The Pied Piper
70. Peter Pan
71. Hiawatha
72. Othello
73. The Little Tramp
74. King Kong
75. Norman Bates
76. Hercules
77. Dick Tracy
78. Joe Camel (Up there with the Marlboro Man)
79. The Cat in the Hat
80. Icarus
81. Mammy
82. Sindbad (He existed, and he was on A Different World)
83. Amos 'n' Andy
84. Buck Rogers
85. Luke Skywalker
86. Perry Mason
87. Dr. Strangelove
88. Pygmalion
89. Madame Butterfly
90. Hans Beckert
91. Dorothy Gale
92. The Wandering Jew ( Didn't we discuss this before?)
93. The Great Gatsby (I thought this was a book?)
94. Buck- Jack London, The Call of the Wild
95. Willy Loman
96. Betty Boop
97. Ivanhoe
98. Elmer Gantry
99. Lilith
100. John Doe
101. Paul Bunyan
Ok... That list is full of crap.
Who was influenced by half of those "Fictional" People?
Reading Sherlock Holmes or Nancy Drew did not influence me.
It is so out of whack.... Joe Camel was a huge influence on kids.
Just like the Monkees... They were a huge influence on the Beatles... :)
10.19.2006
Forget Finding a Cure for Cancer.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MRS. HUDSON!!!!!! was way more influential than Sherlock. Whatever.
Post a Comment