By Julie
Haha. I really really wanted to tell you about my weekend. Because it was pretty good.
But you know how my mind wanders, and I started thinking about how I could possibly present it to you all. When I started thinking about Monday mornings in elementary school, when you had to write in a journal about your weekends? You know, this is when you first learned how to write in cursive or when to use punctuation.
(secretly, I think it was because teachers hated Mondays and did not want to give us real assignments. So instead she listened to 25 seven year olds discuss their shenanigans).
Friday was Veteran's day! So I had the day off. I know. Awesome.
I spent most of the day at my alma mater, catching up with friends and having lunch. Then I went for a manicure. Which was wonderful and took longer to dry than to actually do. Weird.
So then I met up with my friend Tarah and we went on a wild goose chase to buy my new "scent" which is Burberry's Burberry. Not London. Which I originally thought. Long story*.
So 45 minutes and a trip to 2 Filenes basements later, we were walking to Rachael and Seth's place in the South End for dinner with 6 bottles of wine, fixin's for a salad and a well dressed Timothy in tow.
4 hours and 9 bottles of wine later, (Shared between 6 people... but not everyone drank as much as some), Nikki, Timothy and I were on our way back to Tim's bar to pick up the stuff he left there, which of course he needed in order to get into the bar the next morning.
It is now 11:45. I am outside chatting it up with Tim's boss and waiting for him to emerge from the crowded bar. I knew this was going to happen. He went back in to use the bathroom after spending a good 30 minutes inside trying to find his stuff because he was too drunk to know where it was. So his boss went back in to get him... god I thought he was so fired. But just the opposite. She loved him. She thought he was great. Whateva lady!
Now, we both do not have any cash. Well not enough to take a cab home. So we venture to the T for a good 20 minutes ride to our apartment. We get on the very very front of the car, where the conductor is (also the same spot where I was when this happened). Tim is chatting it up with the man behind the wheel. Asking him what this button does and what that button does, of course the guy obliges Tim and rings the damn bell. It was too funny. Tim is now getting drunker, maybe from the motion of the train? Who knows. It's now 12:30. We get off at our stop and stumble into our apartment. Well I stumbled in. Tim must have slowed down, or wandered because one minute he was behind me, the next he was not. Oh well.
I get Bailey ready for her walk and take her to the elevator, and when it opens up on our floor...Tim pops out. Definitely wasted. He insists on coming to walk Bailey with me because it's now 1am and I need his protection. Yea. Okay buddy.
So on our way back up our block... I lose him. Again. Seriously, where does this boy go.
I get Bailey back upstairs and change for bed and like 15 minutes later he comes upstairs. He is now trying to ask me questions. But only the first part comes out of his mouth... so I'll get things like "Well why..." and then he just stares at me. He does this EVERY time he's very drunk. Which usually makes us fight, because then he thinks I am not answering him on purpose. But I'm not. This goes on and on and fcuking on. For like an hour.
Now it's almost 2:30AM. He has asked me like a million times if he should sleep on the couch.. or in the second bedroom. I told him each time that he should just come to bed, because he has to be at work in like 5 hours. So he makes himself sleep on the couch. He takes his pillow and everything.
He woke me up on his way to work at 7:45, saying "I'm sorry". He obviously remembered being an ass. So that was OK. But it was funny.
Moral of the very very long story: No more than 2 bottles of wine for Timmy. haha.
Saturday, (yes I know all that writing was just for Friday), my friend from college who now works/lives in Brooklyn came to visit, so we went and ate at Tim's place and then did fun things. Bailey and Nikki's dog (Jazzy) went to the salon and had a wonderful time. Then we all piled onto the T and had a play date at my apartment. While Nikki dyed my hair darker... (not as dark as I would like it I'll try again soon) and we waited for Lily to come over from meeting up with someone. So it's now 6ish? I can't remember, but we are on the T, minus Bailey who had to stay home... and heading to Nikki's place to wait for Tim, Rachel and Tarah and to order food and head out for another night of drinking.
This time we went to our usual haunt on Boylston Street, where we met up with Seth, Saul and Breadstick (if a person could look like one, it would be him). A few hours and many many drinks later... Breadstick got kicked out.... and we were all drinking and having fun.
Tim and I took a cab home. And we both made it upstairs together just fine.
My life is definitely still like third grade... just with bank accounts and alcohol. :)
THE END
*UPDATE: I just looked at the Burberry website. It was Burberry London. The girl at Filene's basement just didn't know what she was talking about.
11.13.2006
My Weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun weekend! I love Burberry Weekend. :)
Yea that was going to be the one I bought.
But I love London....
mmm I smell so yummy
Post a Comment