12.22.2006

Commuting & Song- a- palooza!

HELLLOOOOOOOOOO!
Woah.
I mean, hi. Whats up Internet?
Tim and I took the T in together this morning. I was rushing him out the door, because well, you should all know by now that you need to be out the door by 7:13am to insure that you get on the never ever crowded T. So of course because he is a Prima Donna (and I hope you read this Tim, because I just outed you!). He took a 20 minute shower, while I got up, got ready, walked the dog and then sat with my coat on waiting for him on the edge of the bed. He was moseying around the apartment. To and fro. Into the bathroom, out of the bathroom. Into the bedroom out of the bedroom. He put on his shirt, went into the bathroom to put gel in his HAIR (!) and then came back into the bedroom to put his pants on! Then he went back into the bathroom to check his hair and then came back into the bedroom to put on his shoes. (!!!!!!!!!)

We left at 7:15.
As we were crossing the street, I noticed that there was one person standing at the T stop. Yup you guessed it. IPOD BOY! So I knew that I hadn't missed the never ever crowded train. So all was well with the world. I tried telling Tim all about IPod boy. But he just didn't get it.

So I told him about my T ride home from work yesterday evening. I was listening to this cell phone conversation this girl was having with, I guess some person that kisses her. "Well you need to tell me. Are you going to kiss me tonight? Because if you're going to kiss me tonight, I won't wear this sparkly lipstick that I have. Because it's really pretty and I wanted to wear it, but it gets a sticky." ::insert jaw drop here:: It's official. I AM IN HELL PEOPLE.
Plus, I had to stand the entire way home. And this douchebag idiot behind me kept leaning up against me. Hey! BUDDY! Get the hell off me before I cut you. Oh and Happy Holidays you Putz.

Tim got off at Hynes and I continued on to Park Street and then the red line and yadda yadda I was at Kendall by 7:50.

My office is closing at 3pm today, so hooray for Jesus! I am headed to Brooklyn tonight with Tim and Bailey in tow. That is a whole 'nother can of worms that I DO NOT want to open up here. So maybe tomorrow if you're lucky, you will hear all about my ride home. That is if my mom is not being all psycho and crazy about cleaning and cooking and yelling "you don't come home enough" blah blah blah.

Now I will give you all what you really come here for every day here is today's LAST SONG.
"Why Don't You Get a Job" by The Offspring. I could go on and on and on about these guys, because I used to be obsessed with them and I could tell you about the time I stalked Dexter once... but I won't.

My friend's got a girlfriend
man he hates that bitch
he tells me every day
He says "Man I really gotta lose my chick
in the worst kind of way"

She sits on her ass
he works his hands to the bone
to give her money every payday
but she wants more dinero just to stay at home

Well my friend
You gotta say

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way
why don't you get a job
say no way, say no way, no way
why don't you get a job

I guess all his money, well it isn't enough
to keep her bill collectors at bay
I guess all his money, well it isn't enough
cause that girl's got expensive taste

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way
why don't you get a job
say no way, say no way, no way
why don't you get a job

Well I guess it ain't easy doing nothing at all
But hey man free rides just don't come
along every day

Let me tell you about my other friend now
my friend's got a boyfriend
man she hates that dick
she tells me every day
he wants more dinero just to stay at home
well my friend you gotta say
I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way
why don't you get a job
say no way, say no way, no way
why don't you get a job

I wont give you your money
always pray
why don't you get a job
say no way, say no way, no way
why don't you get a job

hey that's something everyone can enjoy'

Yes. Yes it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song. It reminds me of that Obla-dee Obla-dah life goes oooooon...song, only less happy. And we all know I'd prefer less happy.

Okay, I so love you - you cut people. haha. And I like this "my office closes at 3 today so Yeah Jesus!" BAH!

I'm so saving you a condo in hell. Happy Holidays!! Be safe!

Oh and don't kill Tim. Though, if I have to Christmas shop with Mark any longer - I may kill him and exchange all his gifts for underwear at Vicki's. :)

Julie said...

Aimee

You are a girl after my own heart.

Rachel said...

my office closes at 3pm every friday during the winter, yaaaaay jews! so hah!

ps my word verification thingy looks like kvetch...