I almost posted last night after I got home from work, because I was so pissed off about some stupid b.i.t.c.h that I was standing next to on the T last night. But I didn't. I made Sheppard's pie instead. It would have been a funny post though, because she was all pissed off because she was sitting down and I was standing like directly over her, well because you know IT'S A CROWDED TRAIN YOU STUPID BLEEEEP. And I am so sorry that my ample bosom makes my scarf drape a little in your general area. Also, no one cares about your stupid boyfriend and the way he is a nerd and blah blah blah blah blah.
So, I guess that was what the post was going to be like.
I have to stay late at work tonight for a meeting, which does not start until 5pm, so I am not too happy about that, but overtime, so woohoo. I hope to be in bed by 10 again, like I was last night. But until I get a DVR, I will stay up to watch The Daily Show.
Last night I was flipping back and forth between The Daily Show and South Park (which is now in syndication, who knew). It was the episode of South Park named, "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and it was hillarious. Here's the blurb from imdb
"Randy and Sharon realize too late that the box they have sent with the boys contains a porno rather than a copy of "The Lord Of The Rings." As the parents race to stop them in time, the boys realize the tape they have has a strange power over people".
OK enough. Here is my song for today. It was almost The Rolling Stones, but U2 came on as I was in the stairwell. "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" is about Bono's father and how he influenced his music and how he made him listen to opera and play chess and stuff. I know because every time I saw them in concert last year (4) they played it and he spoke about it. It makes me kinda tear up every time I hear it.
Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough
You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight
Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone
And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
We fight all the time
You and I...that's alright
We're the same soul
I don't need...I don't need to hear you say
That if we weren't so alike
You'd like me a whole lot more
Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone
And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
I know that we don't talk
I'm sick of it all
Can - you - hear - me - when - I -
Sing, you're the reason I sing
You're the reason why the opera is in me...
Where are we now?
I've got to let you know
A house still doesn't make a home
Don't leave me here alone...
And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you that makes it hard to let go
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
Sometimes you can't make it
The best you can do is to fake it
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
1 comment:
okay, Julie, "ample bossom" is making me laaaaauuuugh. I prefer "killer rack" but whatever. LOL
Post a Comment