12.01.2006

TTGLIFF

THANK. THE. GOOD. LORD. ITS. FCUKING. FRIDAY!
Seriously.

Like a week ago I got a notice that NSTAR (who have quickly become the bane of my existence), telling me that on December 1st from midnight- 3am, they would be performing "routine maintenance" and the power to my building would suspended. Now, at my previous job I was in charge of letting the residential side of the university know of any shutdowns. So I would post the exact times and dates that NSTAR would give me. And I would always wind up getting yelled at by students and staff because NSTAR would always be two hours behind and it would last for twice as long as what they said it would, blah blah blah.

Last night I got into bed at 10pm, earliest in weeks. I read the latest version of US Weekly and watched some TV and before I knew it, it was midnight. You guessed it the power was STILL ON. I fell asleep and Tim came home and got in bed around 145. At 2am, the power went out. I mumbled something to Tim about knowing this was going to happen or something and dozed off again.

At 5:30, Baylie started stirring. She needed to go out. Of course, like I have mentioned before she went to bother Tim, because well she just knows better than to wake me up. He makes her go lay down and she keeps whining at him until he finally gets up to take her outside. Here's the problem. The stairs in my building are not very, well let's say dog friendly. They're not carpeted and are slippery so Baylie likes to use the elevator. Now people, if you remember the power is STILL OUT, since what was supposed to start at midnight did not start until 2, so according to my NSTAR schedule, I am correct.

About 10 minutes later my phone rings. It's Tim. He's on the stairs between the second and third floors and Baylie will NOT go any further. So he called me for back up. I had to get up and put on pants, because ok... I sleep with just a big t-shirt on TMI but I DON'T CARE! Getting dressed in the dark is not an easy task. I think my scrubs were on backwards, but whatever. As soon as I get to the stairway and Baylie sees me, she starts moving, which just proves that she loves me more. We get outside, she does her thing and we go to take her back in the building. Which is still pitch black, because the power is STILL OFF. Now said dog does not like going down the stairs nevermind up the stairs. Tim and I are now using our cell phones to see and coax her into getting up the steps. We get her up the first flight and she starts to take off down the hallway, (not our floor), at that moment miraculously the LIGHTS COME ON. It's now 630AM. So we get her in the elevator and go back to bed until 7am.

Since Friday's Tim and I both have to be at work at 8, we travel together, usually by T, but we were running a tad bit late this morning and I decided that I would take a cab with him to Hynes and get on the bus, which is like a 5 minute ride to my job, (when and if the bus ever comes). So I get to the bus stop at 730. And I wait. And I wait.

7:40 I'm still waiting. The Dean of my Department walks over and is now also waiting with me at the stop. Cool, maybe I'll say hello.

7:45 OOOh a bus! YES! I'll get to work on time!

7:46 Just kidding that bus was "out of service"

7:48 Shite I should have just taken the green line

7:52 The Dean turns around and starts walking down Mass Ave, in a huff. Looks like he is walking to work.

7:55 Fcuk this, I'm getting on the Green line. So I call my boss on her cell to tell her I will be late. We have a chuckle about the Dean and I am off to work.

8:06 I am already at Park Street getting on the Red line.

8:10 Walking to my building

8:15 At my desk. Sharing my morning story with my boss.

I think I need a few cocktails after work today.
Apparently so does someone else:

H: I give up.
H: I'd rather run into a bus than try to schedule any meetings today.

And also, THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR THIS, because last night I finally saw the uncensored pictures of her well you know.

2 comments:

DancingGrapes said...

umm...why are we not sharing the uncensored version on the blog? That's just selfish!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are cracking me up.

And the anti-Brit-Brit-vagina picture was just the icing on the cake.