Last Thursday, my office closed at 4pm.
Haddy and I ran out of here, because well wouldn't you?
If we hurried and the train gods were with us, she would be able to make the 4:25pm (commuter rail). If not, she would have to wait until 4:50, blech.
Scene- The two of us are on the platform at Kendall Square waiting for the Red line to go to Park Street:
Haddy: Green line or Orange Line?
Me: Gotta go green. Otherwise if you get off at Downtown Crossing you have to walk all the way around to get to the right way.
Haddy: But if there isn't a greenline that goes to North Station waiting at Park Street, then I will never make it.
::It's now 4:15::
We get off at Park Street. I go up my exit to go towards Boston College. Haddy goes to the other platform to get to the Lechmere bound trains.
They run parallel to each other, so when I get to my track to wait, I see that there is a North Station bound train on the platform.
Now I am frantic. Looking to see if Haddy made it. Just as the doors are about to close I see her run on the train.
"YES!!!" I yell out and raise my arms up in the air.
The guy next to me looks at me and walks away.
Text Messages later on:
Me: I saw you get on the train and I screamed YES so loud the guy next to me thought I was crazy.
Haddy: Thanks for cheering me on. Commuting, the new spectator sport!
1.04.2007
Commuting a Spectator Sport
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment