Hello Spring! Nice to see you again old friend.
Welcome back longer days and flip flop friendly weather!
Last night I made Alex pick me up from work. Mainly because I wore my new cute (fake) snake skin flats and they made my feet BLEED, but also because it was nearly 60 degrees and I did not want to be trapped on the T like some animal in a cage for 45 minutes.
We made a plan, while sitting in some rush hour traffic, to go to my place, take Bailey on a nice long w-a-l-k around the 'hood. When we returned I was going to make lasagna and garlic bread and we were going to drink the el cheapo wine that I had bought the previous night at Trader Joe's. Oh and watch Dog Bounty Hunter from 9-10. (Shut Up)
As I was getting changed into jeans and flip flops, Alex's man friend Dustin called. He offered to cook us dinner at his house in Newtonville, and dudes I don't know about you, but if a man ever offers to cook you dinner, you're answer should always be yes. I mean unless the man only knows how to make egg whites and grilled chicken (::cough cough:: Tim). I just ruined any chance of him ever making dinner for me again didn't I?
So off we went. Bailey and a different yet larger bottle of wine in tow.
The evening was wonderful. Good food and awesome conversation with really cool people.
At around 9, Alex and I said our goodbyes and were out the door, because um hello, Dog Bounty Hunter. I had decided to leave Bailey off the leash because the car was right in front of the house. Bad Idea. As soon as I opened the door she took off. First she stopped in his front yard to, well you know #1. Then she just kept going. Now it's dark outside. I am chasing her at least 2 houses down yelling at her to stop. I put my things down in the grass and finally get her. Alex grabbed her by the collar and walked her back to the car.
I make it back outside my building just in time to get upstairs to watch the 9:30 episode of Dog. But wait. No keys. I AM IN FRONT OF MY BUILDING WITH NO KEYS. If you're keeping score this is the second night in a row! I am frantic now because I know that I had them in my hand when.... when I was chasing BAILEY! UH!!!! I must have put them down with my stuff and didn't see to grab them outside.
After a quick call to Dustin, we were back on our way to Newtonville.
The keys were found right there in front of the house in the grass.
And I got home at 10pm.
Just in time to miss my second favorite show.
Again.
Second. Night. In a row.
damnit
3.14.2007
Do I know you from Somewhere? You seem familiar to me, somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HOORAY for SPRING!!!!
I have to say, what made this post for me was your description of bottle of wine #2 as "different, yet larger." That's how we like 'em.
Actually, AS and I will be rocking a bottle of Charles Shaw Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc tonight as well!
Do you keep your keys on separate rings or something? All mine are together and I have to lock doors behind me to get out of the house so I never leave them behind.
That's so sad! You poor thing!
Least you didn't have to call Tim! You didn't tell him did you?!
I did tell him.
And he laughed at me.
But you know what Karma's a bitch.
And I love her. :)
Post a Comment