Good Morning Internet.
TGIFF.
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood today and I am awfully excited to be stuck at my desk until 5pm. Maybe I'll get out for lunch somewhere fun. Who knows.
It smells like my childhood outside.
Like the ocean in the early morning.
Outside reminds me of those mornings.
Waiting for my grandmother to pick me up for breakfast.
We'd eat as fast as we could and then head to the beach.
And stay until dinner time.
I became a lifeguard in high school and spend many of my summer up until my sophomore year of college sleeping drinking making sand boobies working on the beach.
This morning reminds me of late night sleepover at Tricia's house.
Getting dressed.
Riding my bike to the stand.
Dragging the heavy guard chair from the dunes towards the shore.
Swimming/running 45 minutes worth of drills.
Then sitting hung over in the chair with a Maccourtney*.
Until about 6.
Damn. I miss Breezy Point.
* I realized through a conversation with Sarah that I should expand on this.
S: what's a Maccourtney?
Me: this family that lived in breezy only over the summer from NJ
Me:there were 4 kids
Me:2 sets of twins
S: ha.
Me:one 2 years older than me and one 2 yrs younger
Me:and they were all lifeguards w/me
Me:so you always had a good chance of sitting on the stand with one of them
S: funny.
S: you should add that. it's funny.
3.23.2007
Friday! Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
RE: Tim thinking y'all won't want to leave Boulder.
There is an old legend that floats around Boulder. called "The Curse of Chief Niwot." Back when the white man came to take the land from the Arapahe Tribe who inhabited it originally (THAT part isn't legend,) it is said that Chief Niwot uttered a curse, saying that anyone who saw the beauty of the land would not want to leave, and that would be the undoing of the land.
This link talks a little bit about that, and about other things that make Boulder...well, Boulder. It's written as a tongue-in-cheek "Student Guide" so some of it won't apply, but it'll give you a feel for the town.
Again, JEALOUS!
OH, heh. How about that link.
http://www.boulderweekly.com/studentguide06.html
:) I needed your optimism today. Thanks Jules. Smells from childhood can always make a girl smile.
I will make sure to tell the doc to schedule a second surgery whether I need it or not just so you can have an opportunity to mail your care package :) Wouldn't want all that effort wasted!
Post a Comment