3.12.2007

Why Do I even BOTHER!

Tonight I did something for myself.
I finally went to get my hair cut/ highlighted. I have never highlighted my hair before, although I have had a friend dye my hair at home once or twice. And I may of may not have dyed my hair all shades of weird with Kool- Aid in junior high. But that's here nor there.

Tonight a professional was doing it. AWESOME!
My appointment wasn't until 6:30, and I didn't quite have enough time to go home to change, so I just went to the salon right after work. I got there around 5:45 and took a seat in one of their cushy leather chairs. After about ten minutes my stylist came to get me.

We talked about what I wanted and what my needs were. She showed me some highlight colors and we chose which one would be best for me. My hair is very dark brown, so I did not want to be too dramatic AKA SKUNKY BLONDE STREAKS. So within minutes I am all foiled and reading the new issue of US weekly while I wait. Brangelina's adopting a Vietnamese baby, blah blah. Brit Brit is crazy, what else is new.

Before I knew it, I was being shampooed and conditioned (ooh dirty). My hair was cut and blown dry. It looks awesome. Thank god! Secretly I was nervous. But I paid, I tipped, I got coupons for next time and I was on my way.

My salon is right across the street from Trader Joes, so I could not resist buying a cheap bottle of wine to go along with my leftover turkey chili from last night. I also picked up some frozen mango (mmm) and headed to the check out counter. After pushing all of those stupid buttons: enter your pin, is $X.XX okay?, are you sure paying $X.XX okay?. I guess I had missed one "OK" because the very nice clerk said, "Oh wait, one more time". And I responded with "Man, I just want to go home and have a glass or two of my cheap wine!". We both had a chuckle and I was off again.

Luckily there was a bus coming. So I hoped on instead of paying 5 bucks for a cab. The bus driver was nuts. He stopped in the intersection to let people off and he drove about 5 miles per hour. AHH! Hurry it's 8:30 I need to get home for 24!!!!

8:40- off the bus, walking down my street. I reach into my coat pocket to grab my keys. Hmm. No keys. Search my bag. Still no keys. Shit. No No. Where are my keys???!!!

So now, I must go get Tim's keys from him at work and pray that my keys are in the apartment.
DAMNIT!
Did I give Emily (friend that lives across the street) my extra key?

"Emily? Did I ever give you that spare key to my apartment?"
"Um. Nope"
"DAMNIT!"
"Locked out"
"Yep".

OK. New plan. Call zipcar. Go to Tim's job. Get his keys.

"Tim. Can you come outside and bring your keys? I'm locked out".

"Hi."
"Hi."
Hands me his keys through the open window.
"Well you're hair looks nice."
"Thanks. I just hope my keys are inside the apartment and not lost".
"Oh yea. They're on the table. I saw them this morning and thought 'oh look Julie's keys'".
Please walk away from me now.
"I'll call you when I get home, so you better be up to let me in".
"Yea. Yea. I'm looking forward to it".

So there you have it.
Moral of the story- Don't bother doing anything nice for yourself. And if you do, make sure your neighbor has your extra key.

But look!
Pretty highlighted hair!

5 comments:

Nicole P. said...

Looks good, lady!

Anonymous said...

Yeah pretty!
Looks like your got layers too! woot!

Rachel said...

you look gorgeous dahlink, and you can't look that good without the universe trying to even the score a little ;)

L Sass said...

Pretty sure that pretty hair trumps all of those other misfortunes!! It looks great!!

Nicky said...

It looks beautiful!!