As most of you know by now, yesterday was Patriots Day here in Massachusetts.
Over 23, 000 people registered to run the Boston Marathon. Not sure how many actually showed up to run, but if I had to guess I would say about 22, 999 showed up. But what do I know.
Anyway, when I was in college, (so many moons ago ::cough:: last year), we started the day early with some good old fashion drinking (duh), well, if we even finished from the night before.
Most Marathon Mondays started off with Kegs and Eggs and maybe some Mimosas at a friends place. At about 2pm, we would head down to Boylston Street, to the finish line to cheer on the runners. For me, Patriot's Day meant not only a day off, but the first real nice warm day of the spring. But yesterday was the coldest and ugliest race day I have seen in the 6 years I have lived here.
Instead of drinking in the morning, Tim and I stayed in and slept until noon. Since Tim's bar is at the finish line, he wanted to leave around 3pm, to be sure he got to work on time (for 5pm). I know right. We live less than 3 miles from the finish line, but since they shut down and baracde half of the city duringthe marathon, we needed to get a head start. I wasn't going to go out because I'm a boring old fart, but I decided I wanted to take pictures to show you all, (you can shower me with your love and affection later), so off I went with Timmy.
I won't go into the details of how we got off the T and had to walk FOREVER just to cross the street to get to Tim's job. Because yea, um the stupid marathon was STILL GOING ON FROM 10AM THIS MORNING. And because stupid Tim thought that the cops would just let him jump the barriers and run across the street. Yea, um, okay Tim.
Here are some pictures of from our walk:
4.17.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
BEER! Mmm. On a day off, what better way? Bummer that it was miserable though. Poor runners!
Since I know that my marathon time never qualify me for Boston, I vow to come up for Patriot's Day one of these years!
How come I don't get cool holidays like that here?!?!
Post a Comment