5.23.2007

Enough of this Sad Stuff.

It's Meme TIME!!!

The rules:


-Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.


-People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.


-At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.


-Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.



1. I speak 3 languages. Pretty Fluently. But I never went to Language Camp like Laurel. That's just kind of weird.


2. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a SPORK than willingly go to a play or musical. This is unfortunate because Tim's father is a very successful director, and I am often dragged kicking and screaming to his shows. Although I always enjoy them. Give me beer, peanuts and a baseball game. Damnit.


3. I had a higher tolerance for alcohol when I was a junior in high school than I did in college. I'm building it up though. Now it take at least 3 extra dirty Ketel one martinis to get me buzzed. I know I'm hot. You don't have to tell me.


4. Five days after 9/11, I drove with my dad to Boston to start college. As we drove away from the city, the place I called home for 18 years, you could still see the smoke and the smouldering of the Twin Towers. I had trouble sleeping during the first few months away from home. The only thing that would allow me to close my eyes would be if I listened to U2 on my CD player while laying in bed. I got the opportunity to see U2 4 times on their last tour in 2005. I cried at every show.


5. Growing up I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I worked at the Brooklyn aquarium every summer until my sophomore year in HS. I have a degree in Philosophy... so that did not quite work out as planned :).


6. I just bought a very expensive vacuum. Did I tell you??


7. I wish I was a better writer. I mean I know that you all love me and that's why you read my blog but I wish I was more entertaining.

8. Kickball is my favorite summer sport. I play on an Adult Kickball League, although you can hardly call us all adults. We mostly drink beer and drop the ball when it comes to us. I'm the captain of my team, so I sit on the bench and yell at everyone while they're sucking. Yea. I'm a bit competitive and a total bitch.

Ok so now I tag Laurel, Alex, Janet, Monika, Kettler, Lauren, Lindsey and Tarah (do it in the comments).

Go forth!

2 comments:

L Sass said...

1. Language Camp = Awesome

2. WICKED awesome.

3. I don't see the word "wicked" anywhere in this post.

tarah said...

whew. now that i have a chance to breathe and feel like being mildly creative ...

1. I've always had trouble sleeping. Whether it's falling asleep, staying asleep or just generally sleeping well. The only place I've ever consistently had none of these problems is when I'm by the ocean, can feel and smell the salt air and listen to the waves and fog horn as I fall asleep.

2. I can't spell. Generally, my grammar is pretty okay and I really do enjoy writing. But I can't spell worth crap. My grandmother used to help me study for my spelling quizzes in grade school. My mom reminded me of that at her funeral a few years ago. We both laughed when I stated that, despite all her effort, I still can't spell. I think that was the only time I laughed that day.

3. I wish on 11:11 and stars. Sometimes it actually works.

4. I truly enjoy hanging out in small, hole in the wall, neighborhood bars.

5. I am more interested in traveling internationally than nationally. But I still really want to do a road trip across the US.

6. I can't remember names or dates or numbers in the propper order. I can remember faces, conversations and where I saw information on a page for years and years.

7. For a while, one of my mental health breaks at work was browsing real estate. It got too depressing on a few levels so I stopped...for the most part.

8. I've secretly been thinking about getting one of these blog things for myself. I have a name and everything.