I have a dog.
You all know that, right? She is wonderfully cute and cuddly.
But she sheds. Alot.
Like she sheds so much I probably can make 2 or 3 brother and sisters for her out of the hair I find around my apartment. BLECH.
I have this vacuum. That my lovely ex-roommates left behind. Which worked fine, in our old place, because there was only carpet in our bedrooms.
In my current situation, I have carpeting everywhere, (Living room/Dining Room and both Bedrooms). So there is a lot of Bailey, everywhere.
All. Of. The. Time.
I try to vacuum. I do. But my poor little old vacuum just does the best that it can.
The hair is just too much.
Every five minutes I need to stop and clean out its entire digestive tract in order for it to work. More hair comes out of that thing than goes in.
So it's sad. But it's time for a new vacuum.
Yea! New toy for Julie!
For the past few months I have been researching vacuums.
All roads have led me to Dyson.
And this one to be exact.
But holy hell! That is a lot of money to spend on a vacuum.
So I continued to use the old one.
But this weekend, I hit my breaking point.
I needed to act quickly and obtain this new vacuum.
For the good of everyone around me.
Trust me.
So today (at work), I was on a mission.
I looked everywhere: target, kohls, home depot, walmart, bed bath and beyond.
I googled for coupons.
The best I could do was $499 at Target.
Damnit.
One final look.
Ebay.
And I found one for $299! But alas. Too good to be true. It didn't come with the extended warranty (5yrs) or the extra parts that I would come with if I bought it new. BLAST!
I needed to call in the troops.
And that is what I did.
I found one on ebay again. But for 399.
It was a "Buy it Now or Best Offer" Auction.
So I offered $299.
They counter offered $359.
I countered $325.
They counter offered $349 with free shipping.
Sold.
Thank goodness my credit card isn't due for a month.
:)
5.21.2007
Just call me the Froogle-master.
Ari: well froogle that sob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
and the mercenary reigns supreme once again.
trust me you will not regret this. Best $350 ever spent. I just sold my old Dirt Devil this weekend - I don't miss that old beast one little bit.
Glad to see you found a keeper!
I'm so jealous of your dyson. I want to register for one!
Paul has a dyson and I have used it. Great machine! I also saw a special on the dyson guy this weekend...fascinating story, you should check it out since you are dyson-er now! :)
EBAY! Squee!
We have a purple Dyson here and it's lasted us for years... and is grand.
Welcome to the club, baby!
Post a Comment