Most days ending in "y", I feel like the world is against me. No matter how hard I try to get my day to run smoothly, or function normally, something happens to create some sort of chaotic BLOB of mess. (I'm a glass is half empty kind of girl, can't you tell?)
This morning at the Park Street Station, I was walking down the stairs behind an older woman who was walking down one step at a time. While she was taking her sweet ass time, I was watching the train I needed to catch arrive, open its doors, let people in, close its doors and leave. It was then that I decided that it was about damn time I shared my pet peeves with all of you. Right after I also made the decision not to PUSH HER DOWN THE STAIRS, because it would get her to the platform quicker.
Okay, okay. I also decided that prison was not a place I wanted to spend my summer vacation.
There! Happy Now?!
SHEESH!
Pet Peeves.
We all have them.
I have a lot of them.
In no particular order:
1. DIRTY DISHES IN THE SINK.- Use a dish? A glass? A fork? Clean it. Better yet, rinse it off and turn your body to the right and put the damn thing in the dishwasher. Or don't even rinse it and let our dog lick it, then put it in the dishwasher. Either way, DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE SINK! Or on the table, couch, in the gameroom, etc.
2. People that walk like they have NO WHERE TO GO.- I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't just randomly take strolls on busy streets during the morning/evening rush. You're a pretty sick individual if you enjoy watching the steam come out of my ears because you're taking your morning meander at 7:55 on a Tuesday morning. Also- remind me to smack you.
3. OVERLOADED Key Chains.- Unless your job title is janitor (is that the right PC term?) or "LORD OF THE KEYS", you do not need to have every single key that you have ever owned on your current key ring. Nor do I care that you have been to every state in the union and whi bought a key chain to prove it.
4. Dirty Laundry.- Okay, let me clarify. I do not like dirty laundry that is not in a hamper. I had a roommate that would leave her clothes all around our room. It used to take her 20 minutes to find everything once she decided to do her laundry. Use a hamper or a bucket or a bag. Someone invented all of those things for a reason. Don't let their genius go to waste.
5. Clean Laundry, not put away.- Come on now. PUT IT AWAY. Before it gets to the point where you can't tell which are clean and which are dirty.
6. People that do not clean up after their dogs.- This one is self explanatory.
7. LOUD Cell phone talkers on the Train.- "Oh Hi Jane. No I can talk, I'm on the T on the way home from work. THAT SUCKS. He gave you HERPES? You're kidding me?" You get the point. I don't want to hear it. No one wants to hear it. So kindly STFU already.
8. Sheets/Blankets all askew on the bed.- This one is more of an OCD issue. If I am not trying to sleep then I don't care if the sheets or blankets are messy. But, if I am laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I need the sheets to be layed perfectly so that my entire body is covered and can fit underneath the sheet. I know I am crazy people, don't judge me.
9. Being late. Or people that are habitually late.- I may snap if I go into too much detail about this one. Although, I am late on occasion I always call.
10. People that end sentences with the word "WORD"".- For the love of pete, please don't do this in a professional setting, like my office. I will cut you.
11. Not replacing the roll of toilet paper if you finish it.- The worst feeling in the world is being stuck in that situation. Tim is notorious for doing this, although, I don't think he does it on purpose. He'll learn though. I have started to not replace the roll for him.
12. Unopened Mail.- If it's junk mail then get rid of it. Otherwise, people send you mail fro a reason. Most of it is TIME SENSITIVE. So it sitting unopened on the counter is not going to make bill go away.
13. Chewing with your mouth open. - My sister does this. It makes me want to strangle her. Not only is it gross because I do not need to see what your food looks like before it becomes, well you know... But I also do not like the SOUND that it makes.
14. Public Grooming.- My favorite teacher in high school, used to charge a quarter to any girl she caught brushing their hair, applying make-up, etc. in her classroom, lunchroom or anywhere else on campus that was not the restroom. I used to think she was just uptight. Secretly she was teaching all us brats a lesson in proper etiquette. There is this woman who works in my building that brushes her teeth and washes her face in the women's public bathroom on my floor. GROSS. Seriously. Seeing her brush her teeth while I am standing at the next sink over washing my hands makes me want to vomit.
What are some of your pet peeves?
6.27.2007
Bitch. Moan. Complain. Rinse. Repeat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I was just saying this over on "Are we on COPS?"
I hate, hate, hate people who STAND in the middle of the sidewalk or the road in Central Park. I kill them.
NOTE for any NYPD officers reading this blog: I do not actual kill middle-of-the-sidewalk standers. I desire very much to kill them, but I resist the urge.
I am not a murderer.
Ugh. Number 2 and number 5...WORD.
Kidding!
Please don't cut me.
I am guilty of #5, I will admit it. For some reason I dont mind folding it, but I will let it sit for days.
Fourteen reasons why I think you're grand. The kids start playing with their hair/selves (ew!) from as early as KINDERGARTEN. Jeez.
(And good for you not pushing her down the stairs. Takes some restraint.)
I LOVE your list and agree with all of them.
I would like to add shitty drivers who don't signal their lane changes/turns so you end up nearly crashing because they can't be bothered to drive properly.
dear woman,
sometimes, i think we were meant to be together we're so in-tune. you know my feelings for people on sidewalks so i won't reiterate that...as for the rest:
4. mike is the WORST with this - next to his side of the bed is a black hole in our apartment where all of his dirty laundry disappears to and is then regurgitated by the floor (twice as dirty as they initially were) when its laundry time.
6. ummmm...i don't have a dog, but that one time i took bailey on a super long walk she shat 5 times...yes F.I.V.E. times. i was ill-prepared with only 3 bags making me a violator of this rule (but really, who could have known she was able to hold so much in?!?!?!)
9. OMG - we have one girl at work who is ALWAYS late...we say she's on hollywood time.
12. this would be how mike's power was shut off when he was living with herpes beth. although not totally his fault since he thought he had it set up to automatically take the $ from his account, he should have checked the notices he got in the mail (granted it did take them 11 months to finally shut the electricity off).
13. that's just gross. anytime i see someone doing that i am reminded of 'hungry hungry hippo' since you could always see the white marbles in their mouths/throats before the next one went down.
love,
melanie
I am also very OCD, although I tend to be a glass half full kind of girl. Dirty dishes, laundry that is clean, but CURRENTLY sitting on top of the washer and dryer and also DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, drives me nuts. My laundry was folded and put away nights ago! I hate slow walkers in the mall on days when I am on a mission...or any day really. I don't have to walk anywhere to get to work so I don't have that problem.
I'm guilty of being habitually late to work. haha and habitually late in general. You would want to kill me, huh?
Toilet paper--pet peeve. Sheets messed up--HUGE PET PEEVE...I practically have a panic attack over that one if I'm trying to sleep and the sheets aren't just so. I am crazy. It's giving me anxieties right now just thinking about it. I live with someone who would never make the bed if I didn't make it.
We can be in the psycho club together. Oh, my big pet peeve is improper usage of "I" and "me." It kills me.
Post a Comment