Like I said in my last post, I have a tremendous amount of coursework to do with very little time to do it. Today I decided that it would be advantageous to stay late at work and work on one of my papers. I was on such a role that when I looked up at the clock in my office it was 7:15pm!
Holy shit!
I decided that it may be a good idea to take a break.
So I saved the file and e-mailed it to myself (I keep forgetting my jump drive at home).
Luckily I didn't have to wait too long for the T, thank god because it's 24 degrees outside.
As we are approaching my stop the train comes to a screeching hault!
And the driver yells out "Holy SHIT! What's that lady doing on the tracks??"
Um Excuse Me?
Now this must prove that I have been living in the city for a long time because while all of the other passengers were scrambling to look out the windows of the train, I just stood them steaming because we weren't going anywhere.
Come on! I just want to get home already.
After a little while, we started moving again and my anger subsided.
(Just to note, I don't think that the conductor hit the woman. It's been icy and maybe she fell or something, who cares really).
I got home just before 8 and started up my trusty iBook G4.
After putting dinner in the oven, I sat down and logged into my e-mail to download my half written paper.
FUCK!
I forgot to convert it from a Microsoft 2007 (docx) file to a plain old Microsoft 97-2003 file (doc) (Did I loose some of you there?).
DAMMNIT!
Now I am livid. I was on such a role. I would have been able to actually accomplish something tonight.
But wait! Maybe I can just change the extension on the document to .doc.
Nope.
Fuck.
Okay Okay. Think Julie Think.
Maybe someone I know someone who has the newest version and I can e-mail it to them and they can convert it and send it back.
Nope.
I have all mac use friends.
Good. But Fuck!
After about an hour and some time spent consulting with Tarah I thought, Wait a second. I cannot be the only person with this problem. I'll just google "docx to doc" and see what a get.
Low and behold.......
I found this.
My heroes. This is such a smart idea.
So I paid my 5 bucks.... because let's face it, genius is worth it people.
Take that BILL GATES.
(Eventhough I do appreciate all of the charity work you do).
12.06.2007
Mother-Effing Genius!
Labels:
geniuses live among us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
what is this docx you speak of, it's like chinese to me.
I think Microsoft has a free download that will convert the document as well. I ran into that problem at work...
I love that I made it to your story. And I love that Google helped you stick it to Bill Gates. Hooray for Gooogle! Eff Bill Gates.
::ahem:: i am not a mac user, thankyouverymuch
Phew! That is my nightmare!
New office for mac comes out in January!!!
I feel exactly the same way about Billy G.
I'm afraid a lot of that was Chinese to me, as well. However! I do applaud you for being very tenacious and getting the job done! Impressive :)
Yo... we serious for Mac Word 2008. I seriously want it. It comes with 3 licenses... so who can we find for a 3rd? It'd be about $46 a person...
We had a parrot and taught it to say "Bill Gates is the anti-christ" to anyone who walked in the door. Which was a LOT of people.
Mac all the way, baby!
Post a Comment