After today, the university is closed until January 2nd.
There is a god after all. It has been a seriously trying week for me here at work and I am so very excited for the nice, long, paid time away.
This year is our 6th Christmas together. But believe it or not, we have never spent a Christmas Eve or day together. But the holidays are special to both of our families, so the thought never really crossed our minds to spend it with the other's family. Well that and the fact that they live about 200 miles from each other pretty much keeps us from celebrating together.
Not this year folks.
Tim and I are driving to NYC early early early Monday morning to celebrate Christmas Eve with my family on Long Island. Christmas Eve is much bigger in my family than the actual day, so I am looking forward to the food, fun and presents! We are making multiple stops all over the Island to see various family members before settling down at my Aunt & Uncles for the traditional Christmas Eve fish dinner.
Sometime Christmas morning, we are driving back to Boston and having Tim's family (parents, sister, brother-in-law and nephew) over for dessert, fun and games. Even though we are going to be exhausted from all the driving I am really excited for the holidays this year.
What are you all doing?
What are you looking forward to most?
12.21.2007
One More Day.
Labels:
Ho Ho Holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
i am looking forward to 4 days off of work! (and seeing my family too of course) :)
ahhh, yes, the joys of juggling 2 families at Xmas. It's not that fun for us because our families are in such different places, but we make it work by having one Christmas on the 27th.
And can I just say DITTO about this week at work sucking? Yes, thanks.
Have a great vaca!
Wow, your Christmas sounds busy but fun!! Have a great time!
My remaining family Christmases are at such odd times and days that there will be a few friends I won't get a chance to see this year.
I'm looking forward to the hot tub I will be sitting in with my mom and brother at our hotel instead of watching the 3 available channels of tv at my grandparents house!!
see...you should have married a jew like me and my siblings and then this wouldn't even be a problem!
i am looking forward to the traditional airing of the grievances and telling of stories of all of us to our significant others in an attempt to make each other look like a bigger fool...
ah yes, the beauty of a nations christmas!!!
I hear you. It's so hard mixing families at Christmas - the good thing is that my family tends to have their fancy dinner on Christmas EVE and J's family has dinner on Christmas DAY. Worked out well, but yeah.
I know you'll have a fantastic sixth Christmas together - as will Jase and I. :)
Welcome to Get Active. Get AWESOME!
It sounds like you are going to have so much fun! All the driving will be worth it. I'm flying home tonight. My flight leaves Richmond at 8. I'll be at home for the week with my family. I can't wait! I love doing all of the traditional things and mostly, I just love the warmth of being home with my family!!
Merry Christmas Julie! Hope you have fun with The Boy.
Merry Christmas girl! It sounds like you have/had lots of fun planned!
i miss julie! where art thou!
Hope you had a good Christmas and New Years!!
Post a Comment