12.13.2007

White Gold My Ass

We're supposed to get hit pretty hard with a quick moving winter storm later on this afternoon.
Well that's just fcuking wonderful.'
I hate snow.
Especially city snow.

City snow is not "pretty".
As soon as it hits the ground it turns into slush and sludge mixed with salt and sand. It piles up on street corners and stays there until the first thaw in April... or May. You can never throw yourself on the ground and have a jolly old time making an fcuking snow angel, because you never know what the hell you're actually laying in.... seriously.

The worst is that I am at work right now. Which means, by the time I leave here, I will have the privilege of trudging home in the forecasted 4-8" of this shit.

I blame the NYC Public School system for my deep seeded hatred of winter's white gold. NYC schools NEVER CLOSE. In my entire elementary- middle school career, we only had one snow day.... ONE!!!!!!. (We got 3 feet in about 48 hours). And even then it had been 30 years since they had closed the schools for snow. My parents both worked for the city of New York, so if they were going to work, I was going to school. I always fucking went to school. Luckily I chose to attend a private high school, that closed with the changing of the winds... but by that time I was so disgruntled by snow that it was too far for me to come back.

My Tree Trim party is on Sunday afternoon.
It's something that I look forward to every year. This year's shindig was originally scheduled for Dec. 2nd, but with Bailey's surgery we postponed it to this weekend to give her a chance to heal. God damnit I am regretting that decision. Saturday night, we are supposed to get a "wintry" mix that will turn into snow showers all day Sunday. WTF!

All I want is to have some friends and family over to decorate my damn tree so that I don't have to do it myself. Is that TOO MUCH TO ASK HERE????!!!!!!!!

Mother Nature, I am BEGGING you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... do not ruin my Christmas. Can you just get caught up in a jet stream over some state that no one cares about... like Idaho or Indiana???? I'll even give you Central New York.... they're used to dealing with snow.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go do my "Go Away Snow Dance".

3 comments:

Lauren K said...

oooh the 'go away snow dance' is hot.

L Sass said...

I HATE WINTRY MIX.

That is all.

Michelle and the City said...

i did the go away snow dance all weekend long... sadly, it didn't work :(