2.11.2008

Forget the REAL Issues!

Quick Everybody!
Run to the Post Office!
Mail all your letters!

Because the US Postal Service just announced that in May postage will go up to 42 cents.
FORTY- TWO CENTS!!!!!!!!

Are you serious?
Is this not what our forefathers fought against? Is this what they dumped all of that glorious English tea into Boston Harbor for?? I think not.



I know all of you are probably saying, "So what it's only ONE MORE CENT!"
Well you know what? Pennies are money too people.

Maybe I could have saved that cent and invested it in some stock that will go up and down and up and down and down and down. And maybe I will lose that cent, but I will have gained the experience of investing.

Or maybe that one cent could have been coupled with it's other coinage brethren and used to buy something shiny and sparkley. Or maybe even I don't know, BOOZE.

I am taking this so far as to say, that I will vote for the candidate* who's platform is "NO MORE POSTAL RATE INCREASES".

Issues that matter people.
Issues that matter.


*unless you're a candidate who's name ends in "abee" or "paul" because you are some scary mofos.

6 comments:

Only One Heidi said...

two words: forever. stamps.

buy them.

L Sass said...

Seriously, I am hoarding Forever Stamps now.

Bruce said...

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.

Monika said...

the disclaimer about huckabee and paul are probably the few things we will agree upon in regards to politics.

Lindsey said...

You know what's ironic. Just last night as I was in bed trying to fall asleep I started thinking about postage stamps. Okay, weird right? And I was trying to remember how much they cost when I was a kid...?? And then I was wondering if the price increases every year or just sometimes. I decided that it was probably just sometimes. I was thinking how it better not go up again. THEN this morning as I was driving to work, I hear something on the radio about stamp prices going up. SHUT UP! I am psychic!

Audrey said...

Ugh, that is SO annoying! I hardly ever mail anything, so I never use up my stamps before the rates increase again. Drives me nuts.