3.27.2008

In Which I begin to FREAK OUT

Tim is still waiting to hear from the MGC Fire Department on whether or not he continues on to the next round for the job. Frankly, I cannot take the stress anymore.

I think that I have been doing really well. I sit here everyday, trying not to think of all of the things that I would have to do to prepare to move in like 8 months.....

  1. Pack
  2. Find a job
  3. Pack
  4. Find a place to live from September -December.
  5. Find a JOB!!!!!!!
  6. Finish my masters.
But how do you NOT think about these things????

The whole finding a place to live for a few months is probably the worst though. As we stand right now, what should I do?? Do I resign the lease for the place where we currently live?? If I do, I will have to get a roommate for a few months, and I would have to find someone to take over my part of the lease in January. That is just a pain in the neck.

I really do want to move. And I know that things will work themselves out. But I hate the WAITING!

Another option would be not moving to DC.
At least not in January.
Once I finish my masters, I would start looking for a job where I can live on campus. This is ideal. Because then I would be able to save some money, and when I move to DC I would be looking for one of these types of jobs anyway.

Is it okay to freak out about something that you really have no control over?

14 comments:

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

It is so much better to freak out over things you have no control over, if you have control, then you can do something about it.

Monika said...

ummmm....i have been freaking out about these same things as well. Except that I have an interview next week for a job I REALLLLY want in DC. And if i get it, my time frame won't be 8 months, more like weeks....

also you need to get your butt to dc asap. none of this "maybe I'll stay in boston longer..."

RA said...

Not only is it okay, but it is inevitable. Because then you will freak out because you are trying not think about it. Just let it out!

Jobs and moving and school and uncertainty make for a totally justifiable freakout.

Vanessa said...

I think its absolutely ok to freak out! The three biggest stresses in life are moving, death, divorce. You have one of those in there and a job change is stressful all on its own too. Not knowing the how or when about any of it? Well, just try not to go over the edge! Good luck and whatever happens, it will all work out for the best. Fingers crossed for you! ;)

Katelin said...

i say it's always okay to freak out a little bit.

i hope you figure it out soon!

Janet said...

i think you should try to not freak about things you can't control. However, I would be freaking. It's my nature!

Michelle and the City said...

it may be irrational to freak out about things you can't control but isn't that what us girls do best? ;)

i hope everything works out!

melanie said...

welcome to wedding planning

The Ex said...

Totally justifiable to freak out about stuff you can't control. Someone needs to be thinking about this stuff!

Lindsey said...

Ummm, well most of my life is comprised of freaking out over things I have no control over and freaking out BECAUSE I have no control. It's hard to be us.

But everything will work out...

Elise said...

No more freaking out. Whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Whatever is supposed to happen will happen...repeat, repeat :)

Drea said...

Freaking out to the things you are facing is justifiable - I'm sure I would. I would also try and take Elise's advice above and take time to repeat it at intervals or during my wedding planning - Let go, let God (or someone else) - lot's of deep breaths and screaming into pillows.

Good luck! We'd love to have you down in the DC area.

Jenn O'Neil said...

Ummm yes it is okay. I believe I do this everyday!

Bruce said...

I agree with Skinned Knees come down to DC ASAP