For the past three holiday seasons, I have bitterly sat on the sidelines, complaining that Tim's company does not invite partners or spouses to their holiday function. I have bitched and moaned to no end that it's un- fair and really Scrooge-like to not allow your employees to bring their significant others along. I mean I could understand if they had hundreds of employees, allowing that many people to bring someone would get a little out of hand. But there's 15 people max that would be attending this thing. Plus the owner's get to bring their wives....
(And please spare me the "Well the own the company they can do whatever they want" bullshit. Tim gives me that too and if it doesn't work for him, well then you know).
Well someone must be sick of my complaining, because this year I'm invited.
And I am FREAKING OUT just a little bit about the whole thing.
Should I go?
Will it be awkward?
What do I wear???
Do I even WANT to go??
I've been wrestling with myself about this for a week now. Should I just not go? But if I do that then I can't complain about not being there. Is this something that I even want to be at? I'm not sure. They usually announce where the staff will be taking their annual "Let's go to some tropical island and get sloppy drunk trip", do I really want to be there when that happens? Since you know I am not invited to that, yet (baby steps here people).
The shindig is nothing too fancy and is being held at one of the owner's homes.
Do I bring something??? It was at the same home last year so I asked Tim if he brought anything, or if anyone did and of course he's a boy so he didn't know.
Help me internet.
What should I do.
Oh and it's tonight.
So I hope you're reading this now.
Thankyouverymuch
12.15.2008
It's The Most Wonderful Time......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
HA! (sorry)
I say ...if you're feeling up to it, go. At the very least you'll know Tim. Plus you seem to know a lot of the employees as well as some of the SO's. Wear a cute casual outfit. Bring... a bottle of wine? then it's either a gift to the host or serve-able at the party.
Plus, you don't want to give Tim the right to give you any crap. Because you know he will.
A bottle of red wine is always my standby. Or homemade cookies, because who doesn't like those? I say go and be your usual charming self. It might actually be fun!
I would go... and bring a bottle of wine, as the wise NPW recommended. It will probably be a bit awkward, but that's what alcohol is for! Unless this is a dry holiday party (like mine is this year). Then I'm -- I mean you're screwed.
You should go, and bring a bottle of wine. Or some baked goods. :-)
i say a bottle of wine is always a good gift. i mean who doesn't love wine? :)
I hope you had a wonderful time.
Sorry to comment so late, but I hope you went and had a fantastic time. Life is too short to hold grudges over past policies.
I'm too late! I'm sorry! But I hope you went and were absolutely fabulous. (How could you not be?) I worked 3.5 years at a company of less than 20 people, and did spouses ever get invited to anything? No. Our holiday "party" was on a Friday afternoon, at the office. Yippee. But now that I'm at a company with 50 employees, the holiday party is in the evening, at a restaurant, and food is provided for me AND a guest! What a strange idea!
i would have said:
go...take wine (i mean, tim does work at a bar...how can they say no???)...and be the life of the party in some sexy sexy jeans and top ensemble...and then get his boss on tape drunkenly inviting you on the 'tropical island sloppy drunk trip'.
all problems solved...glad i could be of assistance...now that will be $200...
what??? the economy is going down the shi*ter...i have to make $ somehow and its too flippin cold to go stand on a street corner...
Sorry I'm late, too... hope you went & hope you had a completely fabulous time. It's good to hear about someplace where they're extending the party rather than cutting back.
Post a Comment