9.18.2006

GET ME A VENTI ANYTHNG, STAT!

Sarah (my awesomely FABULOUS co-MIT worker) and I are trying to save money.
We decided that our daily trips to Starbucks needed to be cut down to twice a week.
Fine.
Whatever.
It's coffee.
And I am definatley not addicted to coffee. I love coffee and I can drink it at 8pm and still fall asleep at night. When I go out to dinner, my favorite ending is a nice hot cup of GOOD coffee.

Sarah: I am going through withdrawl.
Me: Starbucks? Me too.
Sarah: I keep coming up with excuses for wanting to go.
Me: Like?
Sarah: Anything..like..I'm done checking my e-mail...I should get a coffee.
Sarah: I'm eating a waffle right now (true) and it would be awesome with a coffee.
Me: A WAFFLE?
Sarah: Gingerbread Waffle.
Me: Jeez.
Sarah: I made them yesterday.
Me: I'm starving.
Sarah: Reason #16: Coffee makes me less hungry.
Me: Yea.
Sarah: I feel like I'm kicking cigs. I want to eat everything.
Sarah: I was just considering munching on pretzels and m&ms.
Me: And I had a whole bagel and yogurt.
Sarah: I had a whole waffle.
Sarah: Reason #62: It gets me out of the office.
Me: Reason #66 Karen is Leaving.
Me: Reason # 67 I NEEEEEED IT
Me: Now
Me: Reason #100 I have a huge project to start and I cannot concentrate!
Sarah: #101 I didn't have to go to the training and I have to do something to show for my time.
Sarah: I haven't done anything yet this morning.
Me: I am freezing.
Sarah: I thought I just smelled starbucks. great. now i'm hallucinating.
Sarah: This is going to be a GREAT DAY!

**********************************

Saturday Tim and I both had to work at 9am, so we got up and took the T to Hynes. Tim said he would buy me breakfast, which means bagels and coffee at Dunkins on Newbury Street.
I got a French Vanilla Xtra Xtra and a wheat bagel. When I walked outside, I felt like I was cheating on someone. I took short, quick sips. Like I was trying to hide the fact that it wasnt a Grande Non Fat Extra Hot Vanilla Latte.

I love starbucks.

Oh and you people that order "mediums" with "skim milk", just go to Dunkins and get out of my way.
Wow that was harsh. I NEED A COFFEE.


And where can I get one of these things???



I found this website when searching for starbucks.... http://www.ihatestarbucks.com
Sarah's reponse to this was: I abhor people who make sites like that. Why? Why spew venom into the world. Like we need more? Open up a nice coffee shop and promote that. Not Spew Evil.
(someone's missing her tall non fat no sugar vanilla latte)

2 comments:

Nicole P. said...

My favorite reasons (excuses) for going to Starbucks:

-If I get coffee, I'll wake up and be able to focus on work. (doesn't work)

-Getting out of the office for a few minutes will help me focus when I get back. (doesn't work)

-There is no line going out the door, so it's the Universe saying I DESERVE a latte!! (always true!)

Julie said...

Yea, I am thinking that today just might be a starbucks day