9.29.2006

So.

My lappy.
She's dead. She cannot recognize her hard drive. So she won't start up.
This sucks.

I had an appointment with a "genius" at the apple store last night. Things did not go well. But the genius was kind of cute. He told me that it is still covered under apple care, so it wouldn't cost me anything to get it repaired. If I wanted to try to recover any of the lost data, I would have to send it out and it would cost like 1500 bucks!

WTF

Good thing my friend Tarah was there with me. Her powerbook just died a few weeks ago, and she took it to this place in Roxbury that is a certified Apple reseller. Not only did he fix it in a day but he was able to restore everything on her HD. But she had to pay. So I am taking an adventure with Sarah today over lunch to this place. Hopefully I will have good things to say about it.

Other than that....
I went to the Red Sox game on Tuesday night with Tim and his boss, and the owner of the bar he manages. We sat in the Budweiser private box.
Awesome.

I have pictures that I will post, once I get my laptop up and running again.

Thank goodness I have a mac at work that I can use.
Otherwise I would be so much more upset.

1 comment:

Nicole P. said...

That's so awful! I just got done with broken lappy hell. Sending good thoughts your way (because I think alcohol would be expensive to ship.