10.25.2006

GET FIT DAMNIT!

Every January, the place where I am employed has this competition called "Get Fit".
Basically everyone who's resolution is to loose weight creates a team and you log in how many minutes you exercise during the 12 week long competition.
Sounds like fun.

Maybe a good way to get motivated for some?

Me: Do you want to do "Get Fit" together?
Sarah: Last year we had groups in the office do it.
Me: cool.
Sarah: I'm not sure I'll do it this year.
Me: Was it weird?
Sarah: well i have a bad attitude about it.
Sarah: you see, it was sold to me as it's relaly competitive and you can win prizes....
Sarah: i was into it and the first week i did awesome. we were like, we're so going to win!!!
Sarah: hen the scores came out and the cycling team entered get fit. they had like 10,000 minutes in the first week.
Me: That's not fair.
Sarah: i was like, this is stupid. how can old fat people compete with cyclists who bike all day. what's the point.
Me: Oh well.
Sarah: i know. i thought it was going to be old staff people trying to move their ass and walk on lunch break.
Sarah: but that's my bad attitude. everyone else loves it.
Me: But I love your bad attitude.
Sarah: so yeah. get fit! yay!!

No comments: