Apparently I am a part of the "Millennial" Generation.
That sucks. I always thought I was a Generation X-er.
Here's the cut off...
1961- 1981 = Generation X
1981- Present = Millennials
I found a PowerPoint presentation from Eastern Illinois University that was very interesting.
Here are my findings: (as usual look for my editorial comments along the way)
Here are my findings: (as usual look for my editorial comments along the way)
Millennials:
1. Born in or after 1982
2. Most popular names: Michael, Jason, Christopher, Jennifer, Jessica, Ashley
3. Defining Characteristics: Conventional, Confident, Sheltered, Self- Assured, Stressed. Team- Oriented, Racially Diverse, Extremely close with Parents, Savvy with Technology, Less interested in Humanities. (I do not consider myself: sheltered, or conventional).
They also had a slide titled "Can you speak Milennial"?
Flashy or Glitzy= Bling Bling (True I say this on occasion)
Hot Rod= Ride or Hooptie (Um HOOPTIE?)
Sneaker= Shox (At last check that was a type of shoe...Not a sneaker, I call those sneakers)
Hunk/Stud/Babe= Hottie (Could be true)
Girlfriend/ Boyfriend= Boo (no I call him Tim)
Cool/ Awesome= SWEEEEEET (Dude Where's my Car?)
Thongs= Flip Flops (No one under the age of 70 calls them thongs)
Hot Rod= Ride or Hooptie (Um HOOPTIE?)
Sneaker= Shox (At last check that was a type of shoe...Not a sneaker, I call those sneakers)
Hunk/Stud/Babe= Hottie (Could be true)
Girlfriend/ Boyfriend= Boo (no I call him Tim)
Cool/ Awesome= SWEEEEEET (Dude Where's my Car?)
Thongs= Flip Flops (No one under the age of 70 calls them thongs)
Can anyone else think of any key characteristics of our generation?
Let me know...
4 comments:
bad music: the first song i can remember being super popular and ALWAYS on the radio...c&c music factory - gonna make you sweat
you make an excellent point with the thongs - and no one wants to hear granny say that she's wearing thongs. ::shudder::
YOU found a powerpoint? Yeah. Right. Thanks for the credit, yo.
yo
ok haddy
you found it
BLAST!
Post a Comment