10.30.2006

Monday Morning QB

Ari and I (along with a bunch of other friends) are in the same Fantasy Football League every year. It's a ton of fun, usually I wind up sucking because I am too hungover on Sunday mornings to wake up and remember to look at my team to see if I need to make any changes.

But this year, since I am tied to a computer at work all day, my team is wrapped up and ready to go by Wednesday sometimes Thursday. Plus, I think I am just lucky. (so far anyway)

This week, I played Ari (for the second time this season), and he talked some pretty good trash on Friday...
First he was angry at me:

Ari: i cant believe you picked up donald driver and youre playin me this weekend

me: haa
why?
i needed some help bc next week all my RBs were on a bye
Ari: cause the GB WR i picked up in place of him just hurt himself and now the packers have driver and 2 TEs to throw to and thats it
i went to go pick him up again
searched for his name
and found that you had taken him
A CURSE ON YOUR HOUSE
me: stop that
Ari: too late
how does it feel to know that you'll be my first victory this weekend
me: i doubt that is going to happen
Ari: i dont know... arizona is predicted to score more points than chicago (defense wise
me: and what happened last time chicago was outscored going into the final quarter?
Ari: they blew it
me: um no
i got 50 fantasy points
Ari: yeah, the bears' defense is gonna score 2 TDs every week, i forgot
me: hey you never know
and quite being such an asshole
its not my fault you havent won
Ari: yes it is
cause you took donald driver
and larry fitzgerald is hurt
also your fault
me: i just took driver on mondy
Ari: my RBs only play well on the bench (your fault) and david carr has amassed more fantasy points than tom brady. (definitely your fault)
me: and its your fault bc i wanted fitzgerald
abnd you took him from me at the draft
u suck
Ari: there you go spreadin hate again
me: u are so aggrvating
Ari: :)

You know, sometimes that boy is so lucky that he is my best-friend.

This morning of course the first thing I did was look at my team to see how many points I had.
I did pretty well. My Chicago defense had a great game against San Fran. Now to see how Ari's team is doing. Not great... but he still has Tom Brady and a RB playing tonight. However, he needs to score atleast 100 points to beat me.....
His attitude this morning was very different

Ari: i had a fantasy basketball draft yesterday
i didn't watch much football - i think the sport has betrayed me
me: oye
thats too much for me
lol
Ari: did you see my team's production this past weekend?
47 points so far. granted i have brady and taylor to play tonight, but come on.
me: i wasnt going to bring it up
Ari: that's just embarrassing
something else is at work here... some dark evil force
me: yea your defense didn't help you
i was actually scared by your trash talking
Ari: i mean, i dont even suck
i wish i could suck
i'm looking up at sucking
i'm just terrible
me: i know
Ari: suddenly my office smells like swimming pool
me: i dont even know what to say.





No comments: