What a commute!
I love Fridays, well, you know, for obvious reasons. But also because Tim has to be at the restaurant by 8 so we leave together. How nice. This morning it was pouring!
I woke up at 530 because the rain was so hard outside my window. That and I guess Tim had just come back from walking Bailey. She must have woken him up because she knows she best not come over to me.
So we're walking over to the T stop and I see that there's a train at the stop before ours.
Me: Tim come on! It's here.
Tim: No. Let's take a cab.
Me: What?
Tim: We'll get out at Hynes.
Me: What? No. Come on it's on 7:15. We're fine. We have plenty of time.
Tim: No. It's always so slow. And in this weather it will take forever.
Me: No come on.
I win. We get on the T and their are seats for all! YES! At the next stop, a guy who from now on will be known as douchebag gets on with his girlfriend (who I recognize as a regular B-line morning rider). They stand right in front of our seats with his stupid ass wet umbrella hanging all over the place. Ass. A few stops later, a phone starts ringing. It's a normal mono tonal ring, but it just keeps ringing and ringing. No one is answering it. This makes Tim so angry. He keeps looking and me.
Tim: Is that you?
Me: Don't you think I would have picked it up? Is it you?
Tim: (takes phone out of bag and puts it up to his ear) Nope.
Me: Did you really have to put the phone up to your ear to know that it was ringing?
**Interruption** Tim just called me.
Tim: Hi
Me: Hi
Tim: So I finally coughed up that part of my lung.
Me: Great! What color was it?
Tim: Orangey.
Me: Um, I don't think it was orange. Was it yellow?
Tim: Maybe. Maybe yellow.
Me: Okay. I am writing in my blog now.
Tim: Oh? About what?
Me: About Jungle fever boy* but I am calling him douchebag.
Tim: Nice. Okay, well I have to go to the bank.
Me: OK. Bye
Tim Bye.
***************************************
OK so back to the T.
The phone finally stops ringing after like 20 rings.
10 Minutes later... it rings again.
It's coming from douchebag's backpack which is in front of him on the floor.
Tall girlfriend of douchebag gets off at BU East and they kiss goodbye.
It's now that I realize they are dating.
Me: Tim, they just kissed.
Tim: So what does that have to do with him being a retard?
At Blandeford Street douchebag and his ringing bag get off.
Tim: Jackass!
**Interruption #2**
Me: Good Morning... MIT....
Tim: Hey it's me.
Me: Oh what's up?
Tim: I just saw that guy from Boston Sports Club that you had the crush on, you know the guy with the newspaper?
Me: I did not have a crush on him!
Tim: Whatever.
*****************************
Hynes is now the next stop on the T.
Me: Bye.
Tim: Don't you get off at Hynes?
Me: Nope. I go all the way to Park St.
Tim: Oh, so taking a cab to Hynes probably wouldn't have helped you huh.
Me: Nope.
Bye Timmy.
See why Fridays are my favorite commuter days. :)
Oh by the way, take a look at this someone is definitely getting this from me for the holidays!
11.17.2006
TGIFF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
O MY GOD I WANT THE FREAKIN T SHIRT!
Post a Comment