12.29.2006

Ahhh... Fun Fun Friday

I just went to the bank and the post office to mail my rent check... booo. I hate paying rent.
But on my way back, I pass an Au Bon Pan (ABP). I thought, for a second... then I decided to go in. See I brought lunch today, (a salad), but I don't have salad dressing. I wondered if they would let me buy dressing there, without buying a salad. So I asked the Manager, and she told me sure, and that they were 50 Cents each. Ok, I can afford 50 cents, but that's about all since I just paid rent.

I picked up 3 because, well I always have salad, and I never have dressing. So why the hell not.
I bring them up to the cashier, same guy as usual.
Cashier: You're all set.
Me: Are you sure?
Cashier: Yes, don't worry about it.
Me: She told me they were 50 cents each.
Cashier: It's ok.
Me: Are you sure? I don't want to get you into trouble.
Cashier: I won't get into trouble, do you want a bag?
Me: Oh, No thanks. Thank you!!

I ran out of there faster than Brit Brit ran out of clean panties (thanks Melanie).... just in case the manager decided to chase after me.
But she never followed.

WOOHOO for free dressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you! Free salad dressing is nothing to sneer at.