Good Morning internet! It's currently a brisk 27 degrees outside here in wonderful Boston (wooot). I left my house at 7:13am, just like I always do and there was not a train in sight. So I strolled over to the stop, where about 40 people were waiting. Here's a timeline of what happened next.
7:16 Still waiting. No Ipod boy. Second day in a row. Is he on vacation?
7:18 Ask the girl next to me if she had been here long. She tells me since about 10 after 7 and that she had just missed the last T that went by.
7:20 Still waiting.
7:22 Ooo A Train. With only 1 car. Nevermind it's not stopping here.
7:24 Another one car train. Not stopping again.
7:25 Thank god. A two car train. (with the normal 7:15 condutors, someone fcuked up at the end of the line). I get on and thankfully get a seat.
7:35 We're only at St. Paul Street. Are you kidding me?
7:45 Hynes Convention Center. A younger Italian couple gets on and I listen to them fight about which day they are supposed to do something with someone's family. "Domani?" "No doppo domani". I turn the volume on my Ipod down and listen to them. Because Italian rocks.
7:51 WE'RE ONLY AT BOYLSTON!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
7:56 I get on the Red Line @ Park Street. Italian couple also gets on the red line, but it is too loud for me to hear them. Sad.
8:02 In the elevator on my way to my office.
Where is Ipod boy? Seriously. Do you see what my commutes have turned into with out him???
The last song that was on my Ipod as I sat down at my desk this morning was "Thanks A Lot" by Third Eye Blind. I love these guys. Seriously. I first saw them in concert back in like 1997 at Jones Beach Amphitheater during the first of many KROCK Dysfunctional Family Picnics, (which lasted till about 2002 and now KROCK doesn't even exist anymore the bastards). Then my friend Sean and I saw them play at Hofstra University. That was cool. They did an amazing cover of U2's "I Will Follow", which is my favorite U2 song of all time. So from then on it was love.
Anyways, here's the lyrics:
The clock, it bleeds for you but you never got the time in right
I woke you up and I slit the throat of your confidence
And we laughed in the night, and I felt alright
Woo
All hands on deck boys 'cause this ship was made to sink
Your swabber salutes you now, but I know what he's thinking
I woke you up and I slit the throat of your confidence
And we laughed in the night, and I felt alright
Thanks a lot
Thanks a lot
Don't even know
Thanks a lot
The clothes she wears mis-fit, and she's nervous when she speaks
Her zombie mom and dad live in a separate house of freaks
I woke you up and I slit the throat of your confidence
And we laughed in the night
And I felt alright
Thanks a lot
Thanks a lot
Don't even know
Thanks a lot
I'm the one for you
'Cause I know all the dirty things you like to do
I'm the fear in your eyes, I'm the fire in your flies
I'm the sound that's buzzing around your head
Thanks a lot
Thanks a lot
Don't even know
Thanks a lot
Thanks a lot
No comments:
Post a Comment