1.31.2007

Introducing.... For your Viewing Pleasure.... YETTA

Yo Internet!
Have I ever told you about my little sister Yetta? Yetta isn't her given name, but it's a nickname some friends of mine gave her that stuck. (which is a totally funny story in itself).
Anyway.... She is almost 17 years old (SCARY!).
She IMed me this morning while I was at work.....


Yetta: yo
Me: yo
Me: why are you home?
Yetta: the new governor's making a speech!
Yetta: regents week ends today
Yetta: but listen to this, 43% of NYC public HS students graduate.

Me: that
Me: is
Me: disgusting
Yetta:I KNOW

Yetta:NYS public education is in a lot of trouble
Me: seriously
Me: i guess
Yetta: but we have a new governor, and he cares!
Yetta: and he's giving the NYC schools the 2 Billion dollars that we were entitled to but Pataki wouldn't give us
Yetta:i worked on petitions with the campaign for fiscal equity that was trying to pressure pataki to pay up.
Yetta: apparently all we needed was a new governor.
Yetta: let's hope he comes through.
Me: he has big ears
Yetta: he does!
Yetta: he's making his first budget address now.
Me: all we needed was a new governor
Me: that is a.......
Me: youre missing something
Me: very very very important
Yetta: trust- buster?
Yetta: democrat?
Me: DING DING DING
Me: how in the world
Yetta: I love the fact that we both developed into super liberals
Me: SUPER......I AM SUCH A LIBERAL
Me: NY elected a republican governor
Me: not once
Me: but twice

Me: i am almost a libertarian
Me: but not yet
Me: they scare me
Yetta: 'cept the guns
Me: i hate guns
Yetta: they scare the crap out of me
Me: good
Yetta: i can't look at them in movies or on tv
Me: im glad that youre still smart
Me: oh
Me: guns?
Yetta: i have a physical reaction
Me: or libertarians?
Yetta: like my stomach drops when a gun appears in a movie
Me: ooh...i thought you were talking about the other scary thing
Yetta: haha. sure.

**********************************************************************************
Yetta: i see myself ending up with multiple degrees
Me: me too
Me: i want an MPA
Me: and maybe an MBA
Yetta: yeah. cool man
Yetta: we will be permanent students!
Me: AND WE WILL BE PERMANENTLY BROKE!
Me: YES!
Yetta: starving artists say whaaa?
Me: FEED ME
Me: get it
Me: starving artists say feed me
Me: im so effin funny

************************************************************************************

And I'm the older sister?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much love, big seeestar.
-Yetta

L Sass said...

OK, this reminded me so much of me and my sis, it's scary.

1. We call each other seester all the time.

2. This humor is really normal. Recently, I sent her a collage of weird items from the SkyMall catalog to decorate her hut in Namibia.

DancingGrapes said...

I love guns. I think that's what pushed me over into the actually Libertarian category. Altho most would not consider Libertarian to be the extreme of liberal...