Yesterday afternoon my boss was on her way to a meeting and asked me if I could deliver two very important envelopes before I went home for the day. Since they needed to go across campus to our financial office, she told me that I could take off early and then just head home once I delivered them. Score!
I got home around 5:15. It was such a nice day out, (well it was above 30 and sunny), that I took Bailey for a long walk around the neighborhood. We wandered down to the end of my street to the park. Bailey ran around for a bit doing her business and seriously frolicking through the newly fallen snow. She does this thing where she buries her entire snout in the snow and then looks at me like, "Momma Look! I'm so cute!". After about 20 minutes of that, we continued on through my neighborhood.
We're walking past this beautiful house, when a women comes out. She's holding a coffee mug and wearing a plush white bathrobe with matching slippers. (Nicole & Aimee: She has clothes on underneath, so don't even ask me). We exchange hellos and how do you dos and she yells out:
"Would you like a cookie?"
"Um. No Thank you". (You freaking weirdo. Besides my mom told me never to accept cookies from strangers).
"Ok well, whenever your dog wants a cookie, you can take one".
::In my head:: "OOOOH my dog. You want to know if my dog wants a cookie."
"Bailey, would you like a cookie?"
So Bailey got a cookie. The woman tried to give her a green "healthy" one. But Bailey promptly huffed at it and got a nice orange colored cheese flavored treat.
She boosted Bailey's ego a bit and then we were on our way. Back
to playing with the snow and chasing little children.
What a wonderful evening with my Bailey.

2.28.2007
Hi There. Would you like a Cookie?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Such a pretty baby! And cookies too?! OMG Doggie Heaven!
She totally wasn't wearing clothes under that robe, and she didn't really mean "cookie" :P
Bailey hit the jackpot - long walk AND treats!
So freakin cute I dont know what to do with the two of you!
Haha, so if I offered you a cookie, you'd turn me down, but if I offered your dog a cookie it'd be all right? :) Sounds like you two had an awesome walk.
Post a Comment