There's SNOW outside people.
Real, legit snow. Like two whole inches already!
Right now it's more of a "wintery mix", which means little ninja- like snowflakes are falling from the sky at a sharp angle so that they feel like ninja death stars when they hit the one part of your face that is not covered.
The trains ran smoothly this morning, which was awesome. I was the only one at my stop, which made me weary because that must have meant that I missed my train. But a few minutes later another train came and off I went. I spent the whole time chatting it up with the conductor, who has two kids (23 & 19). His daughter graduated from Regis College, his son a marine biology major at URI. Nice enough guy. So I didn't mind talking. Usually I rip peoples heads off when they attempt conversation before 830am.
Things I learned on my commute today:
- Snow on the ground, after not having any snow on the ground makes people friendlier.
- The Celtics have lost 18 straight games.
- They are giving away at least 1,000 day of game tickets to try to fill the crowds
- When they tore down the old Boston Garden, they found Monkey skeletons.***
- Apparently the monkeys got loose during a circus visit. And were never seen again!
- Northeastern (my alma mater) used to have an amazing football program (like 25 years ago)
Let's hope I get to go home early tonight!
Finger's CROSSED!
**Update- To clarify, the Monkeys got into the rafters and were lost. Thats where they found the skeletons. There weren't just random skeletons around. Sheesh!
2.14.2007
What I Learned On This Morning's Commute
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't think of a better discription than your ninja-flakes.
Thank you.
xo
Ok, the monkey skeleton story made me laugh but also freaked me out a little.
Wintery mix is my nemesis!
We mutually hate:
(1) wintery mix
(2) word verification
They should have given monkey skeletons away as souvenirs!! Instead of "free tshirt night", there'd be "free monkey carcass night"!!!
YOU ARE SICK!
Post a Comment