8.07.2007

Tag! I am it.

Well everyone. I am back.
And you can all thank Slinger for tagging me, because otherwise you would have to look at my post from last Wednesday for another few days.
(Oh and lately I do whatever Slinger tells me to do... is that a good thing or a bad thing?)

Okay, so here goes.

The rules:
Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day).
Paste three events, two births, and one holiday. Then tag five friends

My b-day: September 9th

Events
1850- California was admitted as the 31st state.

1956- Elvis Presley appears on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time.

1971- Attica prison riots.

Births

1949- Joe Theismann

1966- Adam Sandler

Holiday
Tajikistan Independence Day


Thanks Slinger!

I tag Sassy McSass, Monika, Fishbowl, Tarah (in the comments) and Aly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured you may like this tag, it's a bit educational.

Oh, and you're welcome, because I WAS getting sick of seeing that old post up there!

Lindsey said...

It's almost your birthday!!!! :-)

L Sass said...

On your birthday, I hope to present you with a traditional Tajikistani cake.

tarah said...

And it would seem I do whatever Julie tells me to do (in part because she leaves funny notes for me in my hotel room)

-May 26-

Eventes: (I had so much trouble picking three...you should all Wikipedia my birthday cause apparently a lot of shit happened)

1647 - Alse Young becomes the first person executed as a witch in the American colonies, when she is hanged in Hartford, Connecticut.

1869 - Boston University is chartered by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (I had to put this one, I work there

1977 - George Willig climbs the South Tower of New York City's World Trade Center.

Births:

1907 - John Wayne, American actor (d. 1979)

1926 - Miles Davis, American musician (d. 1991)

1964 - Lenny Kravitz, American musician

...I know it said two birthdays...but I didn't know which of those to omit!

Holiday:
Australia - National Sorry Day