I missed my bus home yesterday.
Which meant I had to wait at the stop for 20 minutes for the next bus, that then dropped me off at the T station just in time to hop on the waiting B line. That B line however, was going express to Harvard Avenue. Which normally would be fine for me, as I am the stop after Harvard, but I decided to try to get my eyebrows done on the way home, so I couldn't take this train. I had to wait for the next one.
Immediately I thought what if this is a sign from above?
I should get on this train and just go home, because I don't even have an appointment... what if they can't take me. But I really need to go get them done.
Fuck it, I'll just wait for the next train.
So I got on the next train and quickly zipped up Commonwealth Avenue to the salon.
Which of course was closed.
DAMNIT!
Feeling dejected, I waited 10 minutes for another train and went home.
I quickly changed out of my work clothes, and sat in front of the TV, ready for some quality ESPN time.
But wait.
Remember, the world hates me.
My cable was out. OF COURSE MY CABLE IS OUT!
Which meant no Sportscenter.
And no internet.
So I called Comcast (the root of all evil in this world), and the lovely person on the phone told me that they had been performing audits in my area and they must have disconnected my cable service by mistake. They would be sending someone out immediately to fix the problem by 8pm.
Great. Okay whatever, I can live without it for 2 hours.
At 8:30pm, when my service was still out, I called back. I was told that someone would be out shortly and if that it was not fixed in 30 minutes to call back.
Around 9:30pm, I called back. Still not cable still no internet.
This time, I was more than pissed. I told them that this was total bullshit, (I know I am such a bad ass) and that if they had no intention of coming out here to fix the problem tonight they should have told me almost 4 hours ago and not strung me along and led me to believe that I would be able to watch my beloved "Dog Bounty Hunter" and "Bronx is Burning". I was quickly transferred to a supervisor (probably because of my lovely vocabulary), who then told me that it was in fact "An error on their part" (NO SHIT) and that it had been coded wrong in the system (BS). After some further yelling and complaining he told me that it would 100% be fixed by 10am (today) and that for my troubles he would credit my account $20. (Big fat fucking deal)
So I moved the DVD player into the bedroom and watched the first disc of the 9th season of the Simpsons before passing out sometime around 1130.
Tim called me about an hour ago (11am) to tell me that the cable was still out.
So now I am fighting with them again.
Remember, the world hates me.
Anyway.
Tim and I are heading out on a much needed vacation tomorrow morning.
We're heading to the Catskill Mountains to hang out with my family at this place which my family has been vacationing at (the same week every year) since before I was born. And yes it's just like the place from Dirty Dancing, accept there's no Patrick Swayze.
We'll be staying there until Saturday when we head down to Philadelphia for my friend Rachel's wedding (on Sunday).
Finally returning to Boston sometime on Monday.
I'm bring my laptop with me, so hopefully I will post some while I am away.
Have a good Weekend!!
8.01.2007
Why the World is Against Me- Part 1 Million
Labels:
COMCAST SUCKS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I had to laugh at how you actually fought with yourself on how to prioritize the eyebrow work.
And Comcast IS evil, and like $20 is really going to help you out!?
And in this sentence "it's just like the place from Dirty Dancing, accept there's no Patrick Swayze"... I cannot tell if you are happy or sad that there is no Mr. Swayze.
No dirty dancing? Or do you just do your own dirty dancing?
Have a great time, chook!
Dude, I get so pissed at people who are incompetent. Did they ever fix your cable? Did they give you more money since they lied again?
the good news is your purse is in the mail! :)
Cable companies are the root of all evil. Seriously. They are conceived of, run and staffed by BAD BAD people.
On the upside, I got my Gap discount card today! Woohoo, I'm going during lunch!!
Oh suck. I hate days like that.
And what makes me so pissed at cable companies (or cell phone, or internet, or whoever) is that if they would just TELL YOU how long you weren't going to be able to use whatever service it was, you would be ok. I mean, it isn't like any of us actually can't breathe without being able to check email for a day or whatever. (Well, maybe labored breathing, but you know - hee). It's just that when they LIE, it makes it SO MUCH WORSE. And it makes us all so much more pissed. Can't they see that?
Obviously no, they cannot.
Have a great (and sounds like needed) vacay!
If Comcast's not working for you (and let's face it: it is the root of all evil), you should try this great new email provider I just got hooked on. It's called BigString (http://bigstring.com), the new free webmail program. It offers revolutionary features. When you send mail from your BigString free email account, you are protected
Privacy: BigString is like an automatic shredder for your email. You can self-destruct or change an email that's already been sent or read. Don't leave your messages sitting in peoples' inbox forever.
Try it! Enjoy :)
Comcast is the spawn of the devil. Or is the devil the spawn of Comcast?
I still haven't figured that one out. And sadly, no, I can't get RCN at my apt.
*cry.
Post a Comment