11.17.2007

Wiiiiii- kend

You all are lucky because I forgot to bring home today and tomorrow's Italian phrases.
Nothing much going on today. Tim and I are watching the Michigan vs.Ohio State game right now and I am getting the apartment ready to have a few friends over tonight for some Wii and wine. That should be fun fun.

Oh here's something interesting:

Here are some events that happened on this date in history:

1558 Elizabeth I ascended to the English throne upon the death of Queen Mary.

1800 Congress held its first session in Washington, D.C., in the partially completed Capitol building.

1869 The Suez Canal opened in Egypt, linking the Mediterranean and the Red seas.

1968 NBC outraged football fans by cutting away from the final minutes of a game to air a TV special, "Heidi," on schedule. Viewers were deprived of seeing the Oakland Raiders come from behind to beat the New York Jets 43-32.

1973 President Richard M. Nixon told an Associated Press managing editors meeting in Orlando, Fla., "I'm not a crook."

Have a good Saturday everyone!

3 comments:

Lauren K said...

I am a big fan of Elizabeth I, especially the movies out there on her. Random, I know.

L Sass said...

Who needs football when they can have HEIDI??

Lindsey said...

You are just a wealth of information!!! ;-)

By the way, guess where I was yesterday?? GAP!! Oh yes, thanks to you!!!