2.23.2008

WTF!!! Contest!!! EXCLAMATION POINTS!

I know, I know... I told all of you that I would have the winners up on Friday.... and I apologize.
Yesterday mother nature decided to dump almost a foot of snow on us here in Boston, which was not only a pain in the ass but it also canceled Ari's flight into town that night. Forcing the night's plans into the shitter. But alas Ari is a trooper and he got onto a train in the wee hours of the morning and should be here any minute. He is such a dedicated friend. Well, that and he has been craving pizza from this place on campus for about um 6 months.

Anyway.... Let's get to the thing that you are all here for!
Let me just say, wow! Thank you all for entering the contest!
It was really hard to choose the winners because all of the entries were so damn funny one way or another.



Vanessa

<span class=
The combination of her face and sign made me die laughing.

Tracie

Tracie's Entry
How embarrassing!

Rachel
Rachel's Entry
"this pic is from last spring when we were throwing a big event for my job and they decided to store everything in my office leading up to the day. including life size curious george and corduroy bear costumes, which we had a lot of fun with instead of actually doing work. i think this picture was taken the day or two before the event when i'd thoroughly lost my mind"


Bruce
Bruce's Entry
That Face Is Priceless. You can seriously interpret this picture in so many ways.

Honorable Mentions
That's right... mentions. Because all of these were too damn funny not to win.

Tarah
<span class=
Tarah: so there's this grafiti near my office that says "Toy Story 2 was okay"
Tarah: it's probably the most random thing I've ever seen grafitied

Lindsey
<span class=
Now this picture comes with an amazing story... that I have linked above.
Thanks for censoring!

Janet
Photobucket
Why did you give up meat???? That's crazy!!
You deserve some gum to get the taste of all those vegetables out of your mouth.

Second Place- Laurel
<span class=
See, Laurel is smart. She used a picture that I love and well um, that I AM IN!
And just to clarify, we will cut you.


Winner- Lara
<span class=
Here is an excerpt from Lara's e-mail to me:
" So this is my "desk" - a place I spend way too much time when I'm at
work. I work as a nanny, and let me tell you, the stinky poops are
possibly the worst part of caring for young children. You can smell
it from across the room, and you just KNOW that you are going to have
to roll up your sleeves and clean that sewage out before - gasp! -
Captain Diaper Rash shows up. When you open it up, you have to wonder
when the hell that kid was eating ANYTHING that horrible shade of
blue, because it sure wasn't on your watch. And suddenly you think -
well, if you're me - "Why did I get two degrees from Stanford
University just to play pooper scooper to some bratty ankle-chomper?"

But then that same ankle-chomper says or does something really cute
and you forget about the poops.

... For a while."
How can that NOT win!

Congrats Lara, Laurel, Lindsey, Janet, and Tarah!!
All of you e-mail me with a place where I can send your wonderful prizes!
:)



9 comments:

tarah said...

I cannot wait for the gum of awesomeness.

Vanessa said...

Thanks for putting my photo up! I can't help but notice the alliteration in the Lara, Laurel, Lindsey....

Thanks for the contest, this was fun!

Melissa said...

Vanessa's cracks me up. Vanessa, what could POSSIBLY be the problem? You're on a MAC! :D

Lindsey said...

OMG Those are all AMAZING! I LOVE the winning entry!! HILARIOUS! I love contests! YAY! (I so think Laurel should have won 1st though...)
Best contest EVER.



(Hi Laurel!)

alyndabear said...

*snorts*

Very awesome - I love Lindsay's censored picture AND Laurel's ringless wonders. I should totally photoshop my head into that one!

Lara said...

yay! thanks so much! i'm glad you enjoyed. the next time i'm changing a poopy diaper, i'll think of this and smile. :)

L Sass said...

Obviously the one that focuses on poop wins! I cannot argue with that!

Also, I love that graffiti in Tarah's photo. Toy Story 2 was just okay??? That is one bad ass vandal.

Katelin said...

Love the entries! Very funny.

Janet said...

ok Lara totally deserved to win. I am content being a semi-loser, I guess :) What do I win again? Gum?