6.20.2008

Bye bye bye. Guest Post #1- My man Bruce.

I'm leaving... On a jet plane... Don't know when I'll be back again..
Wait a minute. Yes I do.
I'll be back in Boston on the 30th.
So it's just over a week really. You'll all be fine. I promise.

I am leaving you all in the capable hands of all of the wonderful people that volunteered to guest post. So be nice and kind to them, and leave plenty of comment lurve.

So without further ado...
Here is guest blogger #1, my good blogger buddy Bruce.



First of all I am honored to be ask to guest post in Julie's absence. But since most of you probably aren't familiar with my blog (I mostly write about baseball) I thought it might be fun to tell you all a little bit more about me and maybe (hopefully) in the process drum up some more links for my site. So here we go.....

I play a lot of softball. Makes sense since I love baseball so much right? In fact in addition to playing for my college alumni team I also coach my company team. I love it, and in case you are interested I play first base.

I love to camp. Just this past weekend I went on a sea kayaking trip in southern Maryland. It was awesome except for the bugs which reached biblical plague levels.

I love to travel and research the history of where I am going. Every time I go to a new place the first thing I do is research the history of the place, buildings I found interesting, and talk to as many locals as I can to get a real feel for what living there is like.

I can't walk past a dog without petting it. When I can I volunteer at the local animal shelter to walk the dogs. Poor guys, it is like jail for K-9's.

I'm turning 30 in August. This terrifies me more than I can say. In fact I don't even want to write about it.

I brew my own beer from time to time.

I used to be an actor. I still get the itch from time to time and live out my aspirations on the karaoke stage. Maybe someday I’ll give it another go.

I'm from Vermont. Now how many people do you know that can say that? It is such a small place I get excited every time I see a Vermont license plate and I look at the driver to see if I know them. I don’t know if I could ever move back there though unless it was to retire.

The best music (in my opinion) is from the late 60’s and 70’s. Classic rock through and through. Although I am also a big Sinatra fan.

I have never actually met Julie in person. That seems pretty typical in today's blogosphere but I am hoping some day soon we can all get together for a long over due happy hour.

5 comments:

L Sass said...

Hi Bruce! Do not be afraid of 30. My boyfriend turned 30 last summer and he didn't change a bit. (For better or for worse!)

Also, I HAVE met Julie in person, and it is PRETTY awesome. You should definitely try it!

Audrey said...

I love that you volunteer to walk dogs -- I bet they love you for it!

Bruce said...

Yeah I suppose I shouldn't fear the 30 but I can't help it. At least I can take solace in the fact that my brother is 40!!! (ha ha)

Thanks Audrey, it can be tough at times but it is worth it went they thank you with licks.

Sugar Jones said...

I think everyone at 29 goes through this. Those that say they don't are flat out liars. It's so funny, but in a couple of years, you'll be like, hey... I like this club WAY better!

Piece of advice: Enjoy large crowds now. They seem to get more and more annoying every year after thirty.

Vanessa said...

Hey Bruce, you sound like an awesome guy! I love animals too and volunteer whenever I have time. I have the same approach to travel, somehow it's just more authentic to seek out the locals, history and real spirit of the place you visit.