6.15.2008

Grandma, Guest Posts and Disney. Oh My!

10:30am

::Pressure... pushing down on me. Pressing down on you... no man asks for::

Ugh who is calling me right now.

::Under pressure... That burns a building down....Splits a family in two.. puts people on streets::

Hello?

Oh hi Julie. Are you still sleeping?

Oh hi Grandma. No no I'm awake.

(What was I supposed to say, yes grandma, I am still asleep. Mr Cuervo and I got into a fight last night, and let's just say things didn't really go my way).

Oh good. I figured I would call you because the picture I have of you on the fridge fell on the floor. So I wanted to make sure you were okay.

(Oh boy).

I'm fine Grandma. Just a little tired.

What'd you go drinking last night?

.....
(How the hell does she know these things?)

**********************************************************

On Friday I leave for a conference at Disney World.
Yeaa! Are you all just as excited as I am??
Okay, don't answer that.

The conference ends on Wed (6/25), but instead of coming home to Boston, I am off to meet up with Ari (the famous one from this post) in Chicago where we will, in tribute to Ferris Bueller, be attending a Cubs day game on Thursday.

I'll be in Chicago from Wed- Friday, so if you know the area well, or have any suggestions on where we should go and what we should see please let me know.

Anyway- I will be gone for about a week... so I am looking for some guest posters!!
Interested?

Think about it, and if you're up for the adventure let me know by Thursday so I can set everything up!

Oh yea, and Happy Fathers Day for all you dads out there!

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yay for vacations to Disney! You know my answer about guest posting, just let me know what to do.

Nicole P. said...

Damn all of you guys (meaning you and Laurel) for going to Chicago every other day now that I no longer live there!!!

L Sass said...

Say Hi to Mickey for me! Also, you know I am good to guest post!

Katelin said...

oh your grandma is a psychic.

and have fun at disneyworld, i'm so jealous :)

Dan said...

Get some deep-dish pizza. Do it.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Sounds like a good vacation! I hope you have a lot of fun.

I've never guest posted before, but if you're still looking, I'd do one.

freeandflawed said...

I agree with Dan - deep dish. Do it. :)

I don't know if you read Deutlich, but she's going to be in Chicago on the 27th. All of the Chicago bloggers are meeting for drinks. You're more than welcome to join us depending on when you leave.

Julie Q said...

wow that grandma phone call was hilarious! kinda reminds me of the time in college my roommate looked at my buddy list and saw that my grandmother's screenname had gone idle "Julie, we gotta call your grandmother and see if she's okay!"

yeah- i don't know why she had a screenname either!

Christina said...

If you are in Chi town my favorite place is the Shedd!

Lindsey said...

Your Grandma is awesome! Maybe she wants to go out drinking with you...did you ever think of that?