Hello out there internets-
A very good friend of mine just moved to London for work, so I have asked her to do a weekly piece for all of the WTF-ers out there. Look for Beatrice here on WTF Have I Done every Wednesday!
Enjoy!
Or should I say... Cheerio!
***********************************************************************************
I have been hired for a job that you should not expect me specify
publicly about. All you should know that is I am working legally in
the UK and I am responsible for some really important stuff. In
addition to this job and making sure that everyone is safe, there are
a few personal goals I have developed while I am here. One is stalking
celebrities.
Now I am not one for being star struck. In fact, even if I ever met a
celebrity I would probably be turned off. There are a handful that I
could get star-struck about, Chris Martin, Bono, Vaclav Havel, and
Tony Blair. The last two would be very difficult to stalk and could
actually get me into serious trouble in some circles. In fact, I
should really just stop using the word 'stalk' as it reminds me of
that creepy man just arrested for stalking Uma Therman.
So let me re-phrase, I will be "looking" for celebrities. Not in a
paparatzi way, but more in the "Ooooh I am walking in London and
look...there goes Madonna and Gwyneth!" And, as I really don't have a
game plan once I see M&G go walking back to their Kensington flats
from an intense pilates workout carrying bottles of blessed water from
some Himalayan village that pe-ons like me will never drink, I do
think it will come in handy some day at a cocktail party. In fact, I
think most random events in life are meant to be the ultimate cocktail
party story...but that is for a later blog in time...
For now, my weekly guest spot here, will discuss what actually happens
while walking about London-town "looking"...at the locals...
~Beatrice Barclay
8.20.2008
New Weekly Installment: Beatrice Barclay: The London Lookout
Labels:
Beatrice Barclay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so excited about this feature because I am obsessed with London. Will there be pictures???
Post a Comment