9.02.2008

Lots of Stuff, Again.

Hey Everyone!
How was your labor day?
Did you have a BBQ? Or swim in the pool??
Seriously?
That is SO COOL.
What did I do?
I had to WORK.
Yea.
Sucks.
But at least I get a floating holiday to use some other time.

Okay enough talking to myself.
I actually have some stuff to tell y'all.
(no I am not engaged or preggers. Yeah I know you're all disappointed)
Bullets........Begin!

  • If you do not live in the Boston area, September 1st may just be another day to you. However here in my neck of the woods, September 1st is "MOVING DAY". Basically every college student (and even some alumni) lease expires on August 31st and their new ones begin on September 1st. For the entire day, 95% of the city is BACKED THE EFF UP with traffic due to idiots in U-Haul/Budget rental trucks. The amount of trash left on the streets is atrocious. TVs, couches, tables, mattresses, junk, etc. I spent most of my walking commute yesterday weaving on and off the sidewalk trying to avoid the grossness of it all. Thank god it's over. (Yes that was a long bullet)
  • On Sunday I saw someone who was obviously moving, driving with a mattress on the top of their car. This wouldn't have made me bat an eye except for the fact that their was a guy laying face down on top of the mattress, on top of the car, holding on for dear life. Why would anyone think this is a good idea?
  • All of the kiddos are moving back to school, so I am crazy busy at work. I'm working for the next 12 days straight. Pray for me. Or send cookies.
  • In my last post, I announced that Tim and I are headed to London. This means I need to save up moneys for spending, since I have heard that London is crazy expensivo. Therefore I have decided to go back to the GAP. Different store though. Working with one of my favorite managers. I signed the paperwork today. I have to say, I am excited to go back.
  • T minus 7 days until I turn the big 2-5. I'm supposedly getting an iPhone from Timmy. Otherwise I am not so excited. Twenty-five is scary yo. Any suggestions on how to conquer it?
Read. Comment. Discuss.
:)

Edited to Add: I almost forgot..... On Sunday night, after seeing the kid on top of the mattress, on top of the car.... I tripped over the air and fell pretty hard on my knees and right arm. My elbow and knees are really effed up and my arm is all bruised but other than that I'm okay. Tripping over air is really hard to do successfully, so I figure I should petition the International Olympic Committee to add it to the medal competition for London in 2012. I think I can be a gold medal favorite for the US by then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was scared of 25, too, but it turns out that it's just the same as all the other post-21 birthdays. Fear not the big 2-5!

Anonymous said...

I was at Disney World. And at Labor Day. Yeah!

P.S. I miss you!

Monika said...

25 wasn't too bad....Besides you are like the last one to turn 25...you're like the little baby! :)

I think Tim should throw a party for you like you did for him....

And lastly, working at Gap just isn't gonna be the same without me...what if you need someone to cover your shift? I won't be able to do it from dc :(

Vanessa said...

When I see people moving like that I call it Amateur Hour. Glad no one was hurt!