10.22.2008

Life is Happening A little Too Much Lately.

As I was walking up my street yesterday morning, I saw my bus sitting at the stop before mine waiting for the light to change. So of course I did what any other commuter would do in this situation.... Run like Hell down the street to catch the bus.

I get there just as the bus is pulling over to let people board.
A little winded but happy that I made it in time, I quickly get on, tap my charlie card and stay towards the front since it's really crowded.

And we're not going anywhere.
Why aren't we moving???

All of a sudden the driver yells, "I apologize everyone but my supervisor is telling me that I am a minute and thirty seconds ahead of schedule, so we have to sit here for a minute and wait".

Um excuse me??
Since when is it a bad thing to be early.
I can understand like 6 minutes or something more significant....
But 90 seconds early???
You lose that by waiting for a light...

You know what I think?
I think there's a secret conspiracy going on here in Boston.

Yea.

See here's what I think.
Make all of the passengers so angry with the service that you provide, that they will find other ways to reach their destinations.
That way, you can say "Hey, ridership is down so we're not making any money.... We must raise the prices".

See?
Did I lose you?

Well whatever.
By making my bus driver wait until she was exactly on time, she actually hit traffic and wound up over 5 minutes behind schedule.

And I was almost late for my meeting.

Go figure.

8 comments:

Janet said...

LOVE the title to the post. LOVE.

Also, my security word starts with BAR HO. I think that's a sign we need to go drinking.

shelleycoughlin said...

This story almost makes me glad I have to drive a half hour to work every day. Anything to not sit on the bus an extra 90 seconds!

Katelin said...

oh wow, 90 seconds and they had to wait, so bizarre.

Anonymous said...

That's the most ricockulous thing I've heard all day.

Aimee said...

that's craziness! you east coast people are crazy. :P

Sabriel said...

The bus drivers do that here too, although I'm not sure if they would for 90secs. Crazy!

tarah said...

Wait, I'm sorry... The MBTA was actually ahead of schedule?

Lindsey said...

are you effing kidding me? wtf