Recently Tim's hours at work have changed. I know what you're thinking, but it's not all bad.
He now works Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday days and Friday and Saturday nights. Therefore Sundays and Mondays are his days off.
It's been this way for over a month now, I think? It's hard to keep track.
I love love love love having him home at night during the week, being able to sleep in with him on Saturday before he has to go to work and then spending all day Sunday together.
However I am finding myself running out of things to do on Friday and Saturday nights.
I've made due for now.
I've relaxed at home.
I've had friends over for dinner.
I've attended NU athletic events.
I've gone out with friends.
I've gone out with friends and drank alot. (More about that later)
I've closed at the GAP one Saturday night.
And now I am beginning to panic.
I am really okay with not having him around these nights because well what are you gonna do, you know? It's not ideal, but I'll live, it's not forever.
My friends are wonderfully awesome and I love them.
But they have their own lives and partners that they want to spend time with on those nights.
And I am starting to feel that I am becoming that pathetic girl that's always looking for something.
I don't want it to become a burden to them to hang out with me, that would suck.
But I also don't want to do cool things by myself. Although I am not afraid of doing that too.
Don't get me wrong it's not that I don't mind the occasional relaxing night at home alone in front of the TV.
But it's always more fun when you have something to occupy your time, don't you think?
So help me.
Those of you who are still here with me.
What are your suggestions for my Friday and Saturday nights?
BE CREATIVE.
I'm not scared.
Unless I should be?
Should I be???
3.11.2009
Weekend Woes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh lady, I hear you. Weekends alone kind of suck. But! If you ever want to hang out I am down.
take up swing dancing! fun, friendly people are always out dancing. :)
I second Lara's suggestion. See if you can find a class -- any class at all -- and learn something you've always wanted to but never had the time. Salsa dancing? Bar tending? Basket weaving? Whatever floats your boat. Oh! Maybe you could take a boating class! :)
Work out at a gym! Sometimes I love going to the gym during random weekend-evening hours when hardly anyone is there. It can be really refreshing and fun!
Hmmm, I also like to go to Barnes and Noble on my own sometimes and spend hours looking through books, magazines, drinking coffee...I know it's not all that exciting, but it can be relaxing and something to do other than just watching tv at home.
I like the "take a class" idea. I always thought a cooking class would be fun. Or take up a new hobby and focus on that when you are home alone.
My ideas aren't really all that creative, but that's what I would probably end up doing. You could always visit me :-)
I loooove hanging with you on weekends. So don't worry bout that on my end. :)
Some things that I wish I had time to do now, but can't seem to find a moment to do them:
-Scrapbooking (which I know you like!)
-Crafty stuff (like my wedding invitations!)
-Volunteering (food bank, soup kitchen, big sister program?)
That's all I got for now. :)
I second the volunteer option.
My Friday nights are "Me Time" nights. I watch Friday Night Stand Up on Comedy Central, usually have a glass of wine and cook whatever dinner I feel like. Sometimes I soak my feet in a nice foot bath/soak or sometimes I have a bath with candles.
Post a Comment