8.17.2006

'cuse me what's on my Plane?

I am guessing that since Kettler is in London (I know you're all saying, "I thought she was in Prague?") and she's heard of it then most of you have heard of.....

"SNAKES ON A PLANE" Starring Mr. Samuel L. Jackson, who is a fine actor, but a shitty person (yes I have met him, more to come)

Does anyone else think that this movie looks RIDICULOUS?!
I cannot stop laughing and rolling my eyes every time the preview comes on the TV.
Anyways, I just spoke with Kettler a few moments ago and she wondered if it had premiered in the US yet.
The conversation went like this:
Kettler: random question, Did the movie...planes with snakes come out?
Me: i think friday

Kettler: oh cool, i want to see it

Me: it loooks freakin stoopid

Kettler: because its so dumb, there is an underground cult ready to see it

Me:oh no way

Me:thats kind of cool

Me:its doesnt make me want to see it though
Kettler: Samuel Jackson took it because it was so dumb AND tarrintino wrote one specific line for him:
"That's it! I have HAD it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!"
Me: i know
Kettler: so i am going to cheer when they say that line
Kettler: it is like the ONE reason i want to see it


I really miss her.

You all remember the movie "Shaft" right? Well they filmed it in a neighborhood close to mine in Brooklyn, while I was in High School. And they just happened to be using a friend of a friend of mine's house! So we went down there one day while they were filming (I definatley think we cut school for this) and looked for autographs. We saw Busta Rhymes and took pictures.... and everyone was really nice, except for Mr. Jackson who brushed us off and would not even look our way. You were using the girls house you asshole. Whatever.

On another note:
MIT just offered me a full time position, doing the same thing I was doing now as a temp. They have this weird temp-perm program with new employees where in case you're not a good fit they don't offer you the position after the month or whatever. They're picky here, but their people seem to love it and stay on for 40 years. The woman who had my position before me was here for 37! ACK!

I started to think about where I would be in 37 years. I don't think it was a pretty picture in my head.

Woohoo for benefits!

Later Days

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can no wait to see this movie! -Lauren