11.29.2006

Tuesday Night TV

After seeing the commercial for it for weeks, I caved and decided to watch the new show "My Boys" last night on TBS. And I must say. AWESOME. I loved it. PJ (main character) is a sports writer in Chicago and all of her friends are guys, (well that's not true, she has one girl friend who's uber funny btw). So it's basically all about her life and her friends and her love life, etc. So wonderfully funny. And it's on twice. That's 2 half hour episodes, if you're still reading this post and care.

The whole time I was watching this I was thinking, she is so me. I mean besides that fact that I am not a sports writer or live in Chicago, or have a troubling love life. But her character is seriously similar to me. I do have more girls as friends than she does. But I would always rather go to a game than to the theater, I play poker with the guys and drink beer with them, etc. Wonderful.

On the TBS website, there is a link to the shows website and on that site is a quiz, "Are you a guys girl or a girls girl?" Well I mean I already know the answer, but I took it anyway... Here's what they told me

"Boys best friend. You've got the full satellite package and a fridge stocked with cold beer. Cleats are like heels right? Well they do make you taller".

Everyone go take this quiz.... Well female everyones anyway...
And watch My Boys on TBS Tuesday nights at 10. I know there's other stuff on Tuesday nights, but this is so much better.

Oh. One more show that I watch last night, and I almost peed myself. "Big Day" on ABC.
It's a half hour show that takes you through the wedding day of this couple and their families/friends beginning at 8am and I guess going through to the ceremony. Very funny.
The sister of the bride slept with the best man the night before the wedding and accidentally swallowed his contact lenses, (bc he left them in a cup of water on the side of the bed), so now he's basically blind, funny. One of the groomsmen is an ex boyfriend of the bride and he cannot get over the fact that he is not the one marrying her, so he repeatedly talks of their "sexcapades", funny. The mother of the bride is psycho and goes behind the brides back about the salad choices for the wedding, going with something weird instead of a Caesar salad (which is what the couple wanted), and now they cannot change it because another wedding across town is serving 300 guests Caesar salads and they have all the romaine lettuce in the county. So the bride locks herself in the bathroom with a pack of Romaine lettuce that she found in her parent's fridge.

Get all that? See why it's so funny?
Or why I am so psycho?
:)

6 comments:

DancingGrapes said...

"Half & Half. Good balance of knowing when to put on the designer pumps & that you should never wear them when you are drinking tequila slammers."

omglol :)

Nicole P. said...

I also got Half & Half! I saw previews for that show and thought it sounded good but a friend of mine watched it and she thought it sucked (and her two favorite things are sports and boys).

Julie said...

Yea KT That's you in a nutshell

Nicole P. said...

The only reason I haven't watched it is because I don't have cable and already give too much of my money to itunes :P

Nicole P. said...

Yeah, I love my ipod but I usually end up watching the videos on my computer instead of the little ipod. Still nice on my widescreen laptop! And now you see why I can't afford cable :)

haddy said...

I'm half and half too.