Part 3 of a 5 part series.
How to successfully hid from the cops, save your boyfriends life and enjoy free snack foods in the same night.
Fast forward to January 2005. Tim and I were both living on campus (at different colleges both in Boston). Ari moved back into the same Westland Avenue building, but downstairs in a different apartment. Things were getting back to normal. Brunch on Saturday or Sunday (or both) at the Pour House, drinks on the weekend at the Pour House (complete with the Pour House sampler). Do you sense a trend here? Towards the end of the month, Ari and his roommates had a typical party.
It was a blizzard outside! But we went anyway, for the love of beer pong. My friend Emmye joined us. The party was pretty conventional, you know beer pong, dollar kamikaze shots, etc. I watched the door for cops and stupid people, as usual. At about 130am, just as the party was winding down, the cops came to break it up. Now I know this may seem like a big deal, but it wasn't, seeing as that I do not live in the apartment and I am also legally allowed to drink. They just wanted everyone to go home. However, my friend Emmye was not of age yet. So I grabbed her and I ran out of the apartment and we hid in the basement, (ew) for a good 20 minutes. Finally after I sobered up a bit and realized how stupid we were acting, we went back upstairs and grabbed our coats (Emmye will tell you this all happened very differently but this is not an Emmye and Julie story so shut up Emmye).
When Emmye, Ari, Tim and I finally got outside to the front of the building and there was atleast 2 feet of snow on the ground. We didn't care, we wanted pizza. But after realizing how far away Little Steves was... in the snow, we decided to just go to Store 24 instead to buy snacks and Gatorade. I sent Emmye home with some kid we hardly knew (I know bad friend bad bad friend, he did hit on her by pushing her into a huge snowbank).
The snow was falling very quickly, it was almost blinding. The plows hadn't been by in a while, and a 5 minute walk to Store 24 took almost 30 minutes. Tim was pushing Ari, Ari was pushing me, I was pushing Tim. It was all great Fun. It took forever to get back to my apartment, \ because we were goofing off so much. But we also helped someone move their car out of the snow (which Ari doesn't remember), took some pictures (which Ari doesn't remember), and through snowballs at each other (which Ari probably doesn't remember) along the way.



When we finally got back to my apartment, I ordered both Ari and Tim take off everything that was soaked from the snow (scandalous!) And as soon as I got opened the door, Ari headed for his bed (an extra bed we had in the living room, that became Ari's) and passed out, leaving the bag of munchies on my kitchen table. Tim however, headed to the bathroom and promptly took a nice hot bath, which I would soon have to drag him out of before he drowned.
When we finally woke up the next morning, there was at least 3 feet of snow on the ground.
We wanted breakfast. There was nothing open. So we settled for the snacks that Ari had so graciously purchased for us the night before. Here is a conversation that I clearly remember:
Ari: OOh, Where'd the Doritos come from?
Me: You bought them for us on the way home last night.
Ari: No I didn't.
Me: Yes you did, and you used Husky Money.
Ari: No way. There is no way I bought that stuff.
Me: Yes you did. Don't you remember going to Store 24 on the way back here?
Ari: We went to Store 24?
Me: Yes. Don't you remember? You and Tim helped some guy push his car out of the snow?
Ari: No we didn't.
Me: YES YOU DID!
Ari: How did I get here again?
Ari- Here is proof that you indeed were at Store 24.
I win.

3 comments:
First off - I'm loving this! Nostalgia kicks ass. As for today's post, to this day, I have no memory of leaving my apartment that night. I remember cops, and then I remember taking off my soaked through socks at Julie's. I vaguely remember falling into the snow on my hands and knees along the way. As for Store 24, I adamantly refused to believe her and Tim until I found the signed, dated, and timestamped copy of the Store 24 receipt from my husky card purchase in the pocket of my jacket. Turns out I have a slight addiction to doritos after "slight" inebriation has set in. what can you do.
best. comment. ever.
(hi ari!!!)
I want some Cool Ranch Doritos right now. I'm going off to drink some wine with friends, so that could happen tonight!
Post a Comment