3.29.2007

"That's it. You're OUTTA HERE!"

Well. It's come to this. My mom is finally making me clean out my old room in her house in Brooklyn.

::insert Gasps of Horror here::

I know right? I mean so what, I haven't lived there in like 6 years. So what I hardly ever go back to NY to stay in that room. But still, It's MY ROOM! And now because my snotty, bratty* almost 17 yr old (tomorrow's her birthday) sister wants it, I'm supposed to just give up. Lay over and die and say "Sure fine! Take it. Take the room that I have had since I was 7".


This is a good thing. At least that's what my inner therapist keeps telling me.
Most if not all of that stuff is from High School.
Needless to say that there will be lots and lots and lots of garbage bags.
There will also be some boxes to fill to bring to the attic, of things that maybe I will want when I have a house of my own. Our a daughter/son of my own.

Like the empty bottle of Black Haus that's been sitting on my shelf since the night that my friend Nick drank the whole thing. (Why the hell do I still have that?)

I am sure to find lots and lots of fun things, which of course I will take pictures of and post here for you all to see. Kind of like when Nicole spent the holidays in her Grandparents basement. Like that, except less scary, I hope.


*My seestah is not snotty or bratty, (well not as much as she used to be). But she is pretty cool, and wicked smaht. Plus she's in Italy right now on some stupid school trip, so eff you Yetta**.



** Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

3 comments:

L Sass said...

When I cleaned out my Minnesotan bedroom, I found every single note I'd gotten from friends in junior high. It was sentimental for a moment, but then I decided that one walk down the 8th grade angst memory lane was enough and tossed them!

Nicole P. said...

I threw away so much stuff when I moved to Illinois. I got it down to 1 box of high school memorabilia. It sucks when you lose your storage spot at the parents house!

Wish I was closer because I'd totally come help. And by help, I mean that I'd go through your things and laugh at you.

Lindsey said...

Yeah I still haven't cleaned out the stuff from my parents house...I mean it's not all where I left it...most of it has been moved to make the room a guest bedroom, but the stuff is still in their house, in boxes and random drawers and I have yet to claim it back. I'm dreading the day. The things we saved that seemed so important back then...