I stole this from Janet.
So in case you all were wondering......
My Boston, Massachusetts
Age: 23
Occupation: Higher Education
I lived there for: 5 1/2 years
I lived there because: I moved here when I was 18 to go to college, met some boy and wound up loving it an sticking around.
My neighborhood: this is tricky now, I live in Brookline, but "my" hood is the Back Bay
My favorite restaurant: Chili Duck
If you go to this restaurant, be sure to order: Pineapple Fried Rice and the Vegetarian Spring Rolls
My favorite museum: The Museum of Fine Arts & The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
My favorite tourist destination: Faneiul Hall or the Ducks in the Boston Common
Best insider spot: Definitely Bukowski's. They've got good food cheap and they sell over 100 different types of beer.
My favorite area: I love walking down Marlborough or Beacon Streets pretending that I live in one of the fancy brick townhouses.
Best place to go shopping: Newbury St or Harvard Square
When you visit, don’t forget to pack: a windbreaker. Did you know that Boston, not Chicago is actually the windiest city? I learned that at the Boston Children's Museum.
The one local cuisine you should try when you’re in town: CHOWDA! In a bread bowl.
The best way to get around: Walking or taking the T. Driving is impossible. The roads are still made like we are worried the British are coming! So they're not in any order at all.
If I had to describe this city in one word, it would be: Passionate.
I tell my friends to stay at: My place. If they have money to spend then the Marriott in Copley Square.
The one thing most outsiders don’t know about this city is: Legislation was passed about 3 years ago to allow the sale of alcohol on Sundays. Yes we're living like Puritans up here.
They say “Virginia is for lovers.” So fill in the blank: Boston is for history buffs and people who do not mind talking about the Red Sox 365 days a year. (Jeez, I'm Surprised I've lasted so long! GO YANKS!)
4 comments:
I always wanted to live in Boston. Up until I graduated and moved to Richmond to be with Edgar, I said I would live in Boston. I've been there a bunch of times and LOVE it. It's by far my favorite city.
Awesome, however, I am still waiting for Julie's Brooklyn!!!
Been to Boston a few times and love it there! Here is a shot I took while I was there
Boston
Haha! Like we're scared the British are coming, I think that's the best description of our streets I've heard yet!
Post a Comment