9.27.2007

No one sits next to the Sweaty Kid on the School Bus

Dear Mother Nature,

First let me start by saying...I am a big fan. Seriously. Anyone with the power to send thousands of people packing with just a forecast of rain and powerful winds, is amazing in my book. You truly reign (get it "reign") supreme.

But I just have to ask?
WHAT THE FUCK?!!

Why was it over 85 degrees in Boston today? 91 degrees yesterday?
In case you lost your PDA, the date is September 27th.
Summer is over.
The kiddies have gone back to school and the football season has begun.
It's officially fall.

Now I know that many people blame this unseasonably warm weather on something called "Global Warming", but c'mon we both know this is just a rumor*.

Just admit it.

You had a wee too many cosmos with the ladies down in Boca Raton while on vacation last week and plum forgot to turn down the thermostat and send in the cold fronts.

(Don't worry, your secret is safe with me)

So please, I beg of you, be a pal and bring me some nice crisp fall days.
Days where I can actually smell the clean cool air.
Not the fat sweaty guy next to me on my morning commute.

Plus you and I both know that nice new (and expensive) fall wardrobe I bought doesn't look good sitting in my closet.

Best-

Sweaty in New England

*Don't Worry, Al Gore came to me in a dream to tell me that Global Warming is real.

8 comments:

Nicole P. said...

It's been mid 60s to low 70s in SD but it might get close to 90 on Saturday and then cold again. Come on Fall!!

tarah said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You're awesome and hilarious.

btw...find me any snazzy arm warmers yet??

Julie said...

Tarah-

You don't need arm warmers.
It's fucking 80 degrees.

Anonymous said...

It has been really nice here in Chicago the past few days, mid 70's, but getting into the 80s here this weekend. I will take though, because knowing Chicago weather, it could be 40 by next week!

Bruce said...

Just wait a few months, then you'll be covered in three feet of snow but you will still have to go to work.

L Sass said...

SERIOUSLY, WTF? I have lots of cute sweaters that are tots bored sitting in my closet.

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Totally true! I have some really cute new clothes and boots that I am dying to show off to my preschoolers (yes, they really care that their teacher is fashionable). I want FALL!

VpO said...

loves it!