9.04.2007

We Stand On Guard for Thee!!

Oh Internet.
How I have missed you so.
But now all the little kiddos are back safe and sound in their sweet little (literally) dorm rooms, and the five days of MOVE IN on campus is finally OVER.
I actually had to labor on labor day, which totally sucks.
But I get a floating holiday and 4 comp days in the end, so WOOHOO.

Last night was possibly one of the best nights that I can remember since living in Boston.
Just a little background information.....

Ari and I have this little side business called FaceFirst Ticketing where Ari (CEO and Founder) buys Boston Red Sox tickets and mails them to me where I (VP of Operations) contact buyers and make transactions. Since Ari buys the tickets for less than face we always sell our tickets for face value. So don't yell at me for scalping.

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I had to meet someone to exchange tickets for tomorrow night's game. I had been talking to this kid for few days because he was coming down from Ottawa and we were trying to figure out how and where to meet.

I get to the meeting location and while I make the transaction, we all get to talking.
Turns out they have never been to Boston before and were looking to try to get to tonight's game as well. So, being the nice person that I am I offered to walk with them to Fenway.

We chatted on the walk over and I actually started to like these guys, so then I decided to try to help them get a good deal on seats. It was about 2 hours until game time, so prices were way high. (Like 3 times face value). It was going to be hard for them to find 3 seats so I told them that if the price was right, I would join them for the game, if they didn't mind.

By this time we were best buds. I had saved them from spending way too much for shitty shitty seats a few times and we talked hockey. Lots and lots of hockey. I love hockey.
At about 30 minutes to game time, we got wacked offer from this guy, who "didn't want to get arrested" and right when the deal was about to be done, I got into an argument with the guy about where the seats actually were located. He tried to tell me that they were close to the field, when i know that they were the last row in a section really far away. So I told him that the deal was off because he was being a dick and we took off.

That really made my new Canadian friends laugh, which I loved.

I decided that we should try one more spot before giving up.
Right at gate C, there is a "NO SCALP ZONE", where people that have extra tickets come to sell them for face value. There was this wonderful season ticket holder, selling 4 seats in section 18 box 125 row HH. Which is right behind home plate. Amazing Seats.

Needless to say, we bought them and had a great time.


Shout outs to Tyler, Michael and Brian!
I love those Canucks.
Even if they're Senators Fans.

7 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

Nice to know you're making Boston a better place for visitors! Well done :)

L Sass said...

Awesome! You totally picked up 3 dudes on the street. Foreign dudes.

Also, no one was at Jones yesterday. Where were they all?

melanie said...

well done!

p.s. can mike and i get some tickets from you??? we may coach terry francona's daughter, but no 'work for tickets' deal has been struck yet...

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogland.. again! ;)

If I come to Boston, you're hooking me up lady.

Janet said...

what a great story!

ab said...

Does this mean you could get a fellow transplanted NY'er (and Yankee fan) tickets to the upcoming Red Sox / Yankee game(s) for her and her boys??? (also die-hard yankee fans - who also wear yankee hats / gear EVERYWHERE they go!)

Anonymous said...

Sens fans ain't all that bad. I used to live in Ottawa... beats cheering for the Bruins!