11.07.2007

Lesson #7 and a little extra.

La nostra gatta ha dato tre gattini alla luce.

la nawst-rah gaht0tah ah dah-toh tray gaht-tee-nee ahl-lah loo-chay

Our cat had three kittens.

(technically it means our cat has given three kittens to the light)
Weird.

And now the extra-

In late August, Tim got into a little spat with our bedroom door. Apparently the door is a red state and Tim is a blue state, and they got into an argument about health care or the war in Iraq (take your pick) and next thing I knew, the door had a fist sized hole in it. And that is the way that it has stayed ever since.

Tim's first attempt at fixing the door was semi-successful. After two trips to Home Depot, he decided that it would be a great idea to buy a door that already had a hole bore into it, which would save him half the work. Sounds smart, right? Sure, except for the fact that when he brought the door home and went to put it up, he realized that the holes did not match up with the hinge holes or the door knob holes that were already in our existing door frame. Idiot.

Defeated, Tim decided that he would suck up his losses and go to Home Depot again to buy a door and the handy tool that puts the door knob holes in and call it a day.

That was 2 and a half months ago.

Fast forward to last night. Tim and I (and my friend Alex) went back to Home Depot to buy all of the lovely things that we would need to replace our door. Now, I love Tim to death, but the man takes FOREVER to make a decision. He's got this problem with perfection. In his mind, everything needs to be PERFECT... which is fine. Normally. But with Tim it means that he needs to read and re-read the instructions a million bazillion times, check and recheck the color of the stain (after I had already picked out the exact same one 15 min beforehand). "Is this the right chisel? Or should I get this one?"

UGH!!!!!!

Over an hour later, we left the Depot with everything that we needed.

Great!! I thought. The door is finally going to be fixed! Haazah!!

Wait, what are you doing?
Why are you calling your father and brother-in-law to re-check that we got the right things.
NO NO NO NO!!
Get off the phone and fix the doorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

We do not have the new door up yet.
But there's hope. He is off from work today.

He better be doing that damn door.


But in good news.
I got my first gingerbread latte of the season today!
WOOT!

8 comments:

tarah said...

ah the saga between a boy and his door.

DC Dad said...

sox waited 86 years for a world series, then got 2 in 3 years... patience oh yankee fan, 3 months is but a blink of the eye.. maybe after the door's fixed he'll also replace the mirror he broke

Lauren K said...

Ok, to say "The cat has three kittens" is a bit pointless. I don't think I have ever needed to say there and therefore refuse to try to say this in non-italian speak. :)

Tim vs. Door. I am rooting for Tim!! Cmon Tim, don't let a door beat you!!

VpO said...

Next time call x2754! :-)

L Sass said...

I'm not a cat person.

Also, I'm glad that Tim is the Blue State. Otherwise, I don't think that he and I could still hang.

Nicole P. said...

I know this one without looking at the answer!

His nostrils were put into that guillotine by moonlight.

I totally know Italian.

Janet said...

thanks. now I am FIXATED on getting a gingerbread latte!

Lindsey said...

I luuurrrvvee gingerbread latte. Yummy!

I hate trying to get Edgar to fix things around the house. I feel like we have a zillion projects that are half done and the supplies to finish them are sitting in corners all over my house. GRRR