3.03.2008

Movie Meme

As seen here and then here....
It's my turn!

Here are the meme rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
6. One movie guess per blogger. Give people a chance to guess before you steal all of the awesome!
7. Put your guesses in the comments. That way if I leave my desk for a little bit I have a record!

Here Goes:

#1.
Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me. I'm used to being a hostess, it's part of my husbands work. And it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together for the first time, to get acquainted. So I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling. I mean, I, I have absolutely no idea what we're doing here. Or what I'm doing here, or what this place is about, but I am determined to enjoy myself. And I'm very intrigued, and oh my this soup is delicious, isn't it? Good Job Moo! Clue is one of my all time FAVES!

#2. Living here day by day, you think it's the center of the world. You believe nothing will ever change. Then you leave: a year, two years. When you come back, everything's changed. The thread's broken. What you came to find isn't there. What was yours is gone. You have to go away for a long time... many years... before you can come back and find your people. The land where you were born. But now, no. It's not possible. Right now you're blinder than I am. Amazing!!! Lisa got it. This is my all time favorite film, and I knew most of you would not get it.. The flim is Cinema Paradiso. Go Rent it. You'll love it!

#3. You don't know how lucky you are being a monkey. Because consciousness is a terrible curse. I think. I feel. I suffer. And all I ask in return is the opportunity to do my work. And they won't allow it... because I raise issues. This one was tough but Erin got it! Being John Malkovich

#4. All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat! Major League. You got it Slinger!

#5. They're creepy. Creepy Italian trees. Of course, the baby's going to like them cause it's going to be a creepy Italian baby who goes around saying things like 'Ciao mama' and doing that weird backward hand wave thing. Life is strange. Bravo Rachel! This line is from Under the Tuscan Sun.

#6. I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am? Ari knows me too well... This one is from the Bourne Identity.

#7. Ten oughta do it, don't you think? You think we need one more? You think we need one more. All right, we'll get one more. The Dutchess Of Kickball Got this one.. Ocean's 11

#8. Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead! Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity It took her some guessing but Audrey got it.... This one's from Gladiator

#9. Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid. Good Lord I love Johnny Depp.... you guessed right Katelin... Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

#10. Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah. hahha!! You got it Nicole! It's National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

18 comments:

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

This one was really hard, the only one I know is #7 - Ocean's Eleven.

Audrey said...

Oh, man, I almost know so many of these but I just can't quite guess them! It's driving me nuts. I'll definitely be checking back for the answers.

For now I'm going to guess #8 is some epic period war movie ... maybe Braveheart? Or Gladiator? Or 300?

DC Dad said...

#6 is a Bourne movie... but I don't know which one... Identity?

L Sass said...

Damn! I got nothing!!! NOTHING!

moo said...

#1 is CLUE! when Mrs. Peacock goes nuts at the dinner table.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie!

Nicole P. said...

10 is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

Rachel said...

#5 is Under the Tuscan Sun =)

tarah said...

#5 is Under the Tuscan Sun

(and Moo - Mrs White said #1...but I suppose Mrs Peacock did go nuts haha)

tarah said...

Jinx, rachel!

Rachel said...

too slow i win!

Vanessa said...

ARGH! I am terrible at this game! I don't know a single one but I am working on my post for this right now!

Slinger said...

#4 - Is this from Major League?

#10 - National lampoon's Christmas vacation.

Katelin said...

#9 is Captain Jack Sparrow I believe, I love that movie! :)

Erin said...

#3 is Being John Malkovich!

Slinger said...

good lord, woman. I googled #2 just to see what it was. how do you expect anyone to get that one without cheating?! just sayin'.

Steve said...

I also googled for #2... and to my surprise the name looked familiar. I'm pretty sure it was on one of the obscure STARS channels or one of those other all movie networks that plays movies no one has ever heard of.

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Oh please tell me that #2 is Cinema Paradoso
~I think I miss spelled that. I can totally remember the scene, but not the exact movie name! Do I get any points for effort?

Aimee said...

if this had been a chick-flick meme I would have been all over it. I don't think I've seen any of your movies. lol